A2K Fantasy Baseball for 2015!

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 06:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Let me throw in a third option of borrowing a friends computer to draft... If that is possible.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 06:58 pm
@McGentrix,
Uh oh, now I'm confused again.
Have to look back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 07:03 pm
@McGentrix,
<looked back>

I did misread, he was showing last season's.
Aaaack, I was wrong, it did say 1.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:33 am
@ossobuco,
Osso is correct. Yahoo took a step back this year in the functionality to edit your pre-draft selection order. It was even more tedious than normal, this year. And, it seems to me that after moving the players over ... one, by one ... Yahoo has taken it upon itself to make slight adjustments to "my" rankings, which I know I never did. For example, players moved up or down, seemingly arbitrarily, which I did not do.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:27 am
@McGentrix,
Closest friend is just learning her new computer. I'll consider it re football season. Smart idea, but it might drive her nuts as I try to look everyone up (it's fun, past the ordering aggravation).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:36 am
@Ticomaya,
I didn't cotton on to that. I did think, haven't I placed him before, and saved?
Aggravating if they are overruling.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 05:51 pm
I am stuck at the "connecting to draft server" for 5 minutes now. any way to pause til I get in?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 06:13 pm
@McGentrix,
Dunno, since I can't (the adobe flash thing). Good luck, McG, on getting through. I forget if there's a time limit on getting in - I remember it as there not being, so that you could let it go to autopick or pipe in with your immediate choices when your turn shows up.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I do believe I will be making some changes.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:33 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I am stuck at the "connecting to draft server" for 5 minutes now. any way to pause til I get in?

I was too, for about 10 minutes. Then I figured to use a different link, which worked.
Ragman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:37 pm
@Ticomaya,
I got in right away, but because I drafted 9th it made little difference. I will predict this year I'll have lots of fun,,and I'll still not make the playoffs.

Whoever programmed the pre-draft player roster ordering was drunk and/or stoned. Last year was tedious...but this year was diabolical.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 08:41 pm
I had several guys that I know I had X'd show up in my ordered faves when I read them over a while ago. I figure that I somehow messed up the timing on SAVE so that they disappeared and I never got them over to DO NOT DRAFT.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 06:06 am
I kept seeing "so-and-so left" repeatedly and then "so-and-so joined".
Anyone know what was up with that?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 06:07 am
@George,
I got disconnected once.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 05:58 pm
@McGentrix,
I haven't kept up. Is there going to be the opportunity for us to place a player on N/A (not available) this year?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 06:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yes - I had asked that too, and we can add one.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 08:55 pm
So just seeing now that hits was added as a category this year. Wish I had realized that prior to the draft. I would have targeted high batting average players over power hitters. It's pretty much a redundant stat together with batting average--batting average basically becomes a two-point category. The wrinkle is that it incentivizes us to keep more batters on our bench and fewer pitchers.

I'm not crazy about giving additional weight to flukey stats like hits. It's just one of those things that varies widely per player from year to year, and adds yet more randomness. That's not my preference, but I don't assume anyone else feels that way.

Anyway, happy Opening Day!
George

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:40 am
@Gargamel,
The goal was to have the same categories.
If hits is additional, then that was a mistake.
It can be corrected.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:48 am
There was also a question about the NA position. At the request of several
managers, Rhys tried to add it but found he could not without dropping
a bench position, so he did not. I'll look at it with him this evening. If we
can find a way to add it, we will.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:51 am
I just reviewed the pitcher scoring. It is the same as last years.
0 Replies