One must moisturize once a night

jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:12 pm
No it’s not just for women! Men should moisturize as well.

I’ll bet most men don’t give it a second thought to moisturize every night. My skin care regimen starts with a good facial cleansing gel. Then a good moisturizer from the cheeks down, I use ultra facial cream made by Keihl’s. For my forehead I use another cream, like lancome. Now for around the eyes I like to use the Lancome eye cream, gets rid of the puffiness. Then from the neck down I like to use a smoky Poppy Body Butter.

Now how many of you straight dudes here are going to admit to using some kind of facial products?

This thread isn’t just for men women can also give us some of their own beauty secrets Cool

http://oi62.tinypic.com/28i91xl.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 36 • Views: 19,353 • Replies: 142

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:35 pm
@jcboy,
This time of year, it's pretty essential. Otherwise, things crack that shouldn't.

PS Everyone should use sunscreen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:44 pm
I have never used a thing. (It shows)
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:56 pm
Spackle
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:59 pm
hmm

I don't do all that stuff.

water - no soap on my face

Vichy moisturizer or balm if I'm going outside

I don't like a lot of junk touching my skin

I use Vichy water spray on my face in the summer

gigs are no fun when I have to put all that makeup crap on - if it weren't for Smashbox primer to protect my skin I'd probably give the gigs up completely
chai2

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't like stuff on my face either, and wash my face in the shower with plain old pears soap, and that's it.

Once in awhile, if it occurs to me, I rub some type of face moisturizer I've got sitting around on my face, but usually I don't even think about it.

Sometimes I'll mix a bit of safflower or sunflower oil (yes, I bring it from the kitchen pantry into the bathroom) with some epsom salts and scrub my entire self down. That's nice.

Personally, I don't think any of that fancy stuff does anything.

I do wear sunscreen every time I go to the pool in the summer, starting in March. I go most days. I love Winter swimming because the sun's so weak.

Sorry Morgan, I'm super low maintenance, especially since I stopped working.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 12:12 am
Never, ever moisturize the face or neck. More than enough oil there to fry a bunch of chickens. Seems to be hereditary on mother's side (via her father).

The legs and feet are another matter entire of. Even with daily application they remain dryish. (This was true even prior to the v.s.u.s and my back has a drying tendency as well each winter. )
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 01:44 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, I get that dry back thing too.

I found a thing called dry oil that comes in a pump, so you can spray your own back, and not have to worry about rubbing it in, or staining your clothes.

If you google it, there's a number of brands.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 10:53 am
@chai2,
I just got some dry oil spray on the weekend - part of my collection of $200 of beauty junk for points. I'm going to try it on my elbows, since that's pretty much the only area I moisturize semi-regularly. It better be damn light - most stuff feels like it's stopping my skin from breathing.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 12:04 pm
Oh my goodness, you guys make me laugh, I wouldn’t put those products on my hogs!

Oh my no, my boudoir routine comprises:

Orogold Cosmetics 24K Nano Night Recovery, a 30mL, delight only costs US $1,500, this night recovery elixir improves the skin’s appearance and provide high levels of hydration and keeps the mosquitoes at bay.

I don’t approve of sleepin’ naked, so I always add a splash of Clive Christian Pure Perfume, again 30 mL, is a giveaway at $2,334.

When I want to improve my skin’s firmness, and diminish lines and wrinkles while minimizing pores, leaving skin looking ageless, there is no other choice than Creme De La Mer Ulterarich Cream I 16.4 oz for all the two’s $2.222

Iffin’ y’all short of time I would recommend La Prairie
Cellular Cream Platinum Rare 1.7 oz. In four weeks these four-step vial treatments will give you renewed skin for around $1,700. Each week promises to correct a different problem from the inside out—and the kicker is Guerlain recommends you only use it twice a year. Heck I use it twice a day.

However if you wanna look fabulous on a budget, you could always try:
Sisley-Paris’s foundation promise a more youthful appearance with each use, instantly relieving skin from looking fatigued and correcting complexion over time and you can get 1 oz., for a cheeky $223.

And don’t get me started on eyeliner or lipstick.

Oh my no, that would never do.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 05:07 pm
@chai2,
The body butter is great for your elbows, heels and knees. Makes them silky smooth Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 05:03 pm
Today I added two more products to my daily moisturizing regimen. L’Oreal’s Revita-Lift, it’s for your face and neck, keeps wrinkles away. I also added a facial fuel, energizing face wash, smells minty fresh. After all I’m not getting any younger.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/1imkgk.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 05:10 pm
@jcboy,
<snort>
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 05:20 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm another water type, as others have described. I've read nastybody (a phrase of an old friend) articles about all that goo sinking, absorbed, into your system, and that may or may not be right. Not sure if I saved links, maybe.

I'm also not an unalloyed fan of sunscreen as the sun is a good provider of vitamin D and apparently the sunscreens block it (no link). If I'm going to be on the Mexico coast (fantasy) wandering around all day, I'll wear it. If I'm going to live my life as a mole, not outside enough, I won't.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 07:03 am
@jcboy,
What a big girl Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 11:34 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:

What a big girl Very Happy

Looks who's talking, you wear make-up, but we're all thankful for that, you need it Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 11:38 am
@jcboy,
the best moisturizing tool is making sure you drink plenty of water and other non-caffeinated liquids

moisture comes from the inside - all that other stuff is just superb marketing

you can prevent some damage from drying by protecting your skin from the sun but even there a large hat, long-sleeved shirts and pants are better than any sunscreen

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 11:43 am
Room temperature beef dripping works for me.

It also saves on false tan.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 12:34 pm
@ehBeth,
He’s a loon!

The lady at the sales counter saw him coming and talked him into all that nonsense, now he spends an hour every night in front of that mirror!

I think he’s been watching too much of Real Housewives of Orange County!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 02:34 pm
In Australia, you certainly need sunscreen.
'Vitamin D is all very nice, but skin cancer is a bit of a bummer!