Pain above left breast.

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 04:30 am
I had a bit of an accident 4 days ago, I looked behind me as I was running and ran into an object on the wall with a sharp corner (I'm the biggest clutz anyone of my friends/family knows) . I had quite a bit of pain for less than an hour, after that I really didn't feel anything until tonight. Last night I had a little achyness on both sides above my breasts, but I didn't think anything of it. Tonight within four hours of the pain beginning I am now at the point that if I lay back it hurts both on my upper left side of my back and my chest. It hurts when I breathe, but what confuses me is that the area that I hit doesn't hurt if I touch it. I can't tell if I have a problem because of the injury or if I'm having a respiratory problem. I thought it was the muscle, because when I lift my left breast, taking weight off the area, the pain is at 1/2 of the moderate achy, burning feeling it has, but barely is sensitive at all to the touch. I do not have chest rattle or decreased lung capacity, it just hurts to breathe, move, and lay back. If it's a lung problem that isn't related to the injury it is one heck of a coincidence that it hurts the most in the exact area I hit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:16 am
@eternus-flamma,
Sorry for your pain. If it were me, I'd see my doctor immediately.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:02 pm
@eternus-flamma,
Listen to Ragman. If you're lucky, it's only a bruised intercostal. Still hurts like hell, though.
0 Replies