Dreams and Nightmares

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 08:20 am
Had any weird dreams lately?

Vent, let's hear it.

Did you wake sleepwalking on a 15 lane highway at rush hour?

Spend the day on the beach with your boyfriend but instead woke up with a mannequin at the 7-11 parking lot with a hit of acid?

Let us know, spill the beans... Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,876 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
You can gain a feel on the (occasionally non-awake) thoughts of those around you here by checking this thread:

What did you dream last night?- able2know.org/topic/105915-1

Or just enter 'dreams' into yon search engine and peruse a few other threads which are dream related.
Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:31 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Had any weird dreams lately?

Vent, let's hear it.

Did you wake sleepwalking on a 15 lane highway at rush hour?

Spend the day on the beach with your boyfriend but instead woke up with a mannequin at the 7-11 parking lot with a hit of acid?

Let us know, spill the beans... Smile

Most people dream and when the wake up they don't remember them, myself included, but if they repeat over and over again and they are scary, you may have to be hypnotized.

e
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 05:36 pm
I was going to add "Visions" and other transcendental states of consciousness to the title also but instead I opted on the simper form. All types of landscapes due to altered states are welcome here. Smile lol

Welcome to the thread current commenters and all others!

I am the type of person that can sometimes remember the most vivid details of dreams.

I have a recent dream I want to share but I am still letting its impact on my thought process incubate in my mind. hehe

I remember dreaming about candy land as a child, there was a witch who lived in a giant ice cream cone. Smile

Perhaps that is why I rarely ever eat sugar in anything, I don't drink soda or sweetened beverages, though due to this I still have nice teeth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 05:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Ah, I remember that thread..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:31 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't mean to make the old thread as competition for now - more that they are related and will be interesting together.
http://able2know.org/topic/105915-1

I had my own tussle with nightmares something over a year ago now, from a dermatology anti-itching drug (that turned out to be another kind of drug too, egads, with warnings on the paper that came with it, had I read them) that gave me not exactly nightmares, which I'd never had in my lifetime within memory, but rampant hallucinations. I'd have to look post that up, and I'm not in the mood right now. Creepo city, multiplied. Will report later.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:34 pm
I was just talking to a psychiatrist on the phone. I was in town walking and I thought to myself, I did not recall asking anyone for some counseling? Perhaps some random call.

He seemed like a nice person we chatted for a long time, he checked on the internet to find the name of my chiropractor that I momentarily forgot but strangely the street he said my chiropractor's office was on I had never heard of. Witneheim, Witenhouser or Witenstein, all I could remember was the "wit" part.

I had earbuds in my ears and was walking towards my apartment talking to him on the phone. His voice was almost like Lewis Black the comedian.

I got home and figured he seemed like a nice person, perhaps it would not hurt to make an appointment with him. I was at first apprehensive, but he was someone interesting to chat with, friendly.

There was a long silence, I said, "Doctor, are you there?" he replied, "Yes!", enthusiastically.

Then I woke up, he was gone and so were my earbuds and phone, I was lying in bed. I felt like I had undergone childbirth as a newborn infant.

In hindsight in the dream I had walked to an old apartment I lived in many years ago and did not even realize it was not where I lived.

No, I do not need a shrink. Thanks unconscious mind for reminding me of my fragile state of well being. hehe

I just woke up from this dream about ten minutes ago.

I learned it is okay to admit we could all use help sorting out the complexity of this life.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 01:39 pm
Witkowski, highly recommended!!! Smile

Seriously he found immediately what 15 other doctors could not find at all and he saw it by just looking at my posture and needed no x-rays Smile He did not see my patient history.

He also gave me extremely vital exercises.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 01:23 am
I had a dream tonight that I was in Mexico talking with a Catholic nun, "mother superior". I told her that Ellen, the talk show host, needed to be declared a living saint because of all of the hope she has given to young LGBT people.

Then I was teleported to Ellen's office and Ellen was behind a desk. I told her of my ideas and she was flattered. I said we need to start an internet petition. She got up from her desk and went over to a shelf and got a bottle of aspirin. She dumped four aspirin into her hand and handed me two. The other two were for her. lol Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 12:55 pm
I had a dream that in the middle of a basketball game I ran into the center court and jumped and grabbed hold of the hoop and hoisted myself up. Then I hung there and sung the song.

No April rain
No flowers bloom
No wedding Saturday within the month of June
But what it is, is something true
Made up of these three words that I must say to you

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

Stevie Wonder...
I Just Called To Say I Love you...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:58 pm
This is a dream about very close friend of mine who killed himself.

Last night (yes last night) I had a dream I was on a raft it was like debris from a type of ship wreck. I was on the ocean and a dear friend of mine was on another raft also and I could see him. The waves were so high and we were all terrified.

When I got back to the shore they told me he was never found. I was really sad all over again.

I could almost touch him...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:32 am
Last night I dreamed I was a Roman general, after a long and protracted campaign I returned to Rome with great wealth for the people. There was an enormous feast and celebrations. I worked in food service during and after the event to help restore Rome back to order. rr
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 05:19 pm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 06:16 pm
@ossobuco,
This is still true, that the drug Doxepin prescribed by a dermatologist for itchy skin sent me into a week of hallucinations. I'm a person who hadn't had nightmares in my life, so that was a big jump.
I stopped the drug, and after a few days all that stopped.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:33 am
Life is a hallucination until we dream Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:36 am
rocket - rexred
https://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/24000622-rocket
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 03:45 am
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10577164_674981042594953_8967079806324558591_n.jpg?oh=3dbe1486ddc59baa09678f12197e2676&oe=567B663C
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 04:49 am
A Viking's Saga - RexRed
https://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/23721761-a-vikings-saga
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:13 am
I love playing with my dick.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:18 am