Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 01:22 am
So, I just moved into a home recently build, within the last 15 years, and it's filled with new stuff such as well and septic. Still learning about all this so any and all information would be excellent and much appreciated. I do realize MUCH of this is learn as you go but any info would be excellent!

So, my water softener doesn't seem to have a brand on it. All I see that it says "water lovers water softener " I'm not even sure where to go with this..
We have salt about 1/2 way up the container and the test results say there's no hardness however, washing dishes or showers it always seems like your not washing it off. Kind of slimy if you will.
Seems there is an outrageous amount of salt in the water, not sure what do to about it.
We've been boiling the water and it doesn't seem to get rid of the salt taste.

I'd like to look up a manual or SOMETHING for this so I can set it but, I'm really not sure how or what to look up!
I just went down to check it, heard weird noises like my basement was flooding, and it said back washing?

I thank everyone for their replies in advance. Again anything on any of this septic,well,water softener info you can provide.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,200 • Replies: 5
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 06:53 am
@Mistyblades,
Boiling will fix the salt taste. Buy drinking water. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations on salt. The greasy feeling is normal, particularly if the water is very hard.
Himansh

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 04:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This is extremely decent and not too bad post....You shook posting it...Thanks a great deal for posting it...!!

RayEGarcia

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 11:31 pm
The water saltiness is removed from the water by boiling it. Once you boil the water then it saltiness will be removed and water will taste good.
0 Replies

JuanitaMiller

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:45 am
By boiling you can fix the salt taste. Hard water contains high mineral content. Hard water is not a hazard to human health and can be treated.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:13 pm
The principal thing you are going to need is the test kit to decide the amount of hardness and iron you have in your water. There is also reasonable test kit.Picking the right water conditioner is a critical step in the cleansing of your water. To comprehend estimating, it is best to see how it all functions.
0 Replies