Is it worth it?

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 08:53 pm
I can't believe how expensive sheets are. Every time I buy them I'm flabbergasted at the price.

I finally found some sheets that I like for a price that doesn't make me gag and I've ordered from them a couple of times but it still kind of makes me insane to spend that much money on something so basic.

But I like the company. They have good service. They send hand written thank you notes along with your order. And the sheets are really nice. They last. They're the right weight for my climate. They feel good when I crawl into bed.

I've finally decided that they're "worth it" and I will continue to order from them while biting my tongue at the price.

What tips you over into "worth it" on a product?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,747 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 09:19 pm
@boomerang,
Comfort of some sort.

I spend a lot of money on dance classes. Last night, we sat around the studio between traditional and boot camp and talked about why we were at the studio we were at. It came down to the way the studio owner makes us feel when we go into the space and how she makes us feel in class.

There are lots of other studios in town. I have hours and hours of dance credit at one of them - but I'd rather be at the Dark Side because I feel comfortable there.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:56 pm
@boomerang,
School uniforms were the first thing that came into my mind.

They are incredibly expensive, I think my kid's uniforms were worth more than my entire wardrobe.

But when you think that they will be worn every day of the school week it's a lot easier to see the value in them. And of course they are passed down to the next child, increasing the value for money.

So while they cost a small fortune, they are well worth it in the long run.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:25 am
@boomerang,
work it out to cents per day, then ask yourself if you are worth it.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:48 am
@hawkeye10,
I miss read the question

if the head is buying then I am buying a commodity, worth it means I am getting a good deal. If the heart is buying then worth it means that I want it bad enough to pay what it costs.

I will not pay $400 for a sheet set that I could sleep on for 5 years but I will spend $400 on one dinner for two because I am passionate about my wife, good food, good drink and the fun that comes after so the dinner would be worth it. Since I dont care much about sheets $400 for them to me is a bad deal since I am looking for just good enough to get the job done and not annoy me. I can do that with $80 sheets. That $320 I could be using to go out for dinner and amazing drinks.
0 Replies