Average Age?

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
What is your age? (looking for the average age of users present here)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,088 • Replies: 63
No top replies

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:12 pm
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:14 pm
looks like under 30 mostly? at least by the few votes you got. I would have leaned the other way.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:24 pm
52 years and, zooming, plodding, skipping forward to the next beginning.

Sam
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:31 pm
I just thought that an interesting aspect of this space is how we can have 17 year olds debating the nature of existence, etc., with 70+ year olds. On a somewhat equal footing.

I don't know where else in society this is possible.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:32 pm
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:32 pm
I have several ages:

My chronological age is 47.

My inner age varies between 5 and early 20's.

Sexually my age varies between 16 and early 30's...depending on my mood and the person I'm with.

Spiritually I bounce between childhood and old age....depending on the moment.

Most of the time I feel like I haven't grown up yet....become a real adult...whatever that is LOL.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:51 pm
Yup, a2k the great equalizer!
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
Let's see. Like some others here, I've got several ages.Hmmmmmmmmm? My inner children? Billy, that little scamp with a slingshot in his back jeans pocket and skinned knees is only eight years old. Little Billie, the cutie, with pigtails, wearing a pink, frilly party dress and patent leather mary janes on her feet and a teddy bear in tow, is only seven.

I feel around 35 most of the time, unless that pesky Ritis boy Arthur shows up. Shocked Then I feel the 55 years I've been around. When I'm flirting with friends, I feel like a bright, coquette in my early twenties. :wink: During ceremomies, I feel ageless, I just sense being older than most in attendance. Not better or even better informed, just ageless. When playing with small children, I feel like I'm no more than a year older than they are. Very Happy

On very rare occassions, I feel Ooooold, like trying to explain that there really were black and white movies. that the first television had a 6' screen and the cabinet dimensions were around 24"x24"x36"high! Times like that make methuselah seem like a kid. Evil or Very Mad

I remember the USAF testing supersonic planes over our homes and not just rattling the windows, but shaking the entire house. I later found that an uncle was on the test team as navigator and steered the flight over our neighborhood purposely! And Sam calls me a brat! Razz

If the saying "Age is a state of mind" is true. I'm living in the state of chaos! Lalalalalalala! Laughing
0 Replies

Tiaha

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:10 pm
physical age: 14.5
inner age: between 5 and 40, depending.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:13 pm
I can't answer your poll question. It's not put correctly.

My age falls in 2 categories. If I choose one, then I'm partially wrong for not choosing the other.

It should be 10-14; 15-19, 20-24; 25-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-69; 70 and over.
0 Replies

Tiaha

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:14 pm
choose the one that's biggest. like, if your twenty, choose '20-25', not '15-20'... why? because unless your birthday was two seconds ago, you ARE a few minutes, days, weeks, months... older then 20. so uh... choose the older one... whee...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:20 pm
I think us "seniors" are the majority on these boards. he he he....
0 Replies

Tiaha

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:23 pm
meh. I will jsut have to try and fit in. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:23 pm
I can't believe I'm one of three people under 20 in this forum.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:28 pm
Interesting, thus far 76% are 30+.

Only 13% under 25.
0 Replies

Tiaha

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:32 pm
I think it's sad. if more 'young people' were interested int his sort of thing... the world would jsut, in general, be a better place. less ignorance... more self consciousness, and more consciousness of other people.

it would be cool to have a philosopher as president.

[/ramble]
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:41 pm
I'm this many.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:49 pm
Okay, there's actually someone under 10 who has been here?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:58 pm
tcis,

Your poll bears out what I have heard on the radio news; retired and near retirement folks are the fastest growing population segment using the net. I would happily pay for Billie's Mom's internet service, she will turn 80 on September 9, this year. Smile Mom will talk your ears off, all you need to do is ask.
On my birth Mother's side of the family it was common for people to live into their late 90s. Imagine watching the world change; horses to horsepower, dreams of flight to walking on the Moon, cancer and heart attack as killers now treatable diseases, the list is amazing.
I do agree with you, I wish more young people would participate in this or simular groups. The interchange between generations is broadening for both. The young can learn from the experience of older people. Older people can be revitalized by contact with the young. As long as we maintain mutual respect and keep our minds open, the exchange will work.

Sam
0 Replies