2007 FORD FUSION

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:13 pm
a week ago my serpentine belt snapped - mechanic said everything was fine no pulleys seized and replaced the belt. Car ran fine for a week and then I went to start it 3 mornings ago and battery was dead. Jumped just fine and then ran for 2 days with no problem. Went to start it this morning and battery was dead. Took it to my mechanic and he checked the alternator which was operating at 14 - but he checked the battery and said it was no good. Got jumped at his shop bought a new battery at Autozone.

Just installed new battery and now the car wont start at all. It turns over but doesn't have enough juice to start. Also now the check engine light is on as well as the airbag light. Took the battery back to Autozone they checked it and said the battery is fine.

I'm going to reinstall the battery and pray the entire time that the car starts.
If the alternator is fine and the battery is new, what else could be wrong with my car?

2007 Ford Fusion with 80,000 miles
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,427 • Replies: 1
No top replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 06:21 pm
@07Fusion,
The serpentine belt was due 20,000 miles, no wonder it snapped.

The airbag light ON could be by two main reasons: the battery is low and/or the airbag hardness went bad, something that Ford recognized it happens with the year of your car. The replacement part cost less than 200 bucks.

The alternator always will show you its failure when you drive for long periods, the battery won't recharge and your car will die in the middle of the way.

If not the battery or the alternator, check the cable terminals, clean them. Inspect if you have bad wires.

When you said that the battery is dead or almost dead each time you turn the car On, the problem must be a power leak somewhere. Check if bulbs come off completely when you leave the car, check if no devices are connected to the car outlets all night long, even can be a security alarm system pulling more power than the calibrated minimum.

0 Replies