Does " the one, true path" mean "the one and only path that is true"?

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:09 am

Context:

You believe that the Bible is the word of God, that Jesus is the Son of God, and that only those who place their faith in Jesus will find salvation after death. As a Christian, you believe these propositions not because they make you feel good, but because you think they are true. Before I point out some of the problems with these beliefs, I would like to acknowledge that there are many points on which you and I agree. We agree, for instance, that if one of us is right, the other is wrong. The Bible is either the word of God, or it isn't. Either Jesus offers humanity the one, true path to salvation (John 14:6), or he does not. We agree that to be a true Christian is to believe that all other faiths are mistaken, and profoundly so. If Christianity is correct, and I persist in my unbelief, I should expect to suffer the torments of hell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 454 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
maxdancona
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:12 am
@oristarA,
Yes.

The writer is saying that there is only one true path (i.e. way to be saved), and Jesus is it.
0 Replies

zunixaani

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 04:46 am
@oristarA,
Are you paid fairly compared to your peers?"

"With this Report you'll see immediately how your pay compares to your peers"

"Easily check your pay against your peers by region and size"

I think no apostrophe is needed in the first sentence (after "peers"). We do need an apostrophe in the second (as in peers') and also in the third sentence because we're referring specifically to pay possessed by collective contemporaries.

But am I right? Welcome any help.

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:42 am
@zunixaani,

Quote:
We do need an apostrophe in the second (as in peers') and also in the third sentence because we're referring specifically to pay possessed by collective contemporaries.

But am I right?

Yes, you are correct. Most people would leave it out, though.
0 Replies