Best credit card to save money

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 06:54 pm
Many consumers pay unnecessary high interest on their credit cards.
Here's the very best deal; There are a lot of balance transfer credit cards out there, designed specifically for anyone who is carrying a balance on their credit card and paying high (or any) interest fees each month. In fact, there are so many it can be challenging to determine how one is better or worse than the others. Chase Slate is one of the cards vying for your business, and we took an in-depth look at this card to answer the question "is it any good?". The short answer is yes, it's a great choice that can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars if you're currently paying interest on another credit card. It's the only card we've found with the combination of a lengthy 0% intro APR and no balance transfer fee. The in-depth answer, as well as the card's pros and cons, is explained below.

Good luck.

jcboy

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 08:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good question and helpful, however I never keep an open balance on a credit card, I refuse to pay finance charges. The only card I have an open balance with is my Home Depot card. I bought a new refrigerator and they gave me 12 months no interest so instead of paying it off I just divided the balance into twelve monthly payments.
cicerone imposter

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:30 pm
@jcboy,
Your are one of those unique individual in this country who knows responsible
Finance.
The average credit card debt now stands around $6 grand, - many at double-digit interest.
Good on ya.
CalamityJane

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I usually pay off every month too. If I have a larger expense then it may take me several months, but my BofA credit card has 7 % interest rate - no big deal.
cicerone imposter

Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's a good rate today.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
I deeply regret making this spam attracting thread:
http://able2know.org/topic/242069-1

I will surmise that you too CI will regret publishing this future spam attractor as well. Be careful of new a2k accounts bearing credit card advice.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:43 am
Hello, I am a new non spamming credit card enquiror to this wonderful forum, and want to know whether there is a card in existence that lets the user pay off the interest by way of sexual favours?

I am willing to make a big deposit each month.

Or two, if I have had a high protein breakfast.
CalamityJane

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:11 am
@Lordyaswas,
Well, if it doesn't touch the principal funds, you can spam the interest easily.
cicerone imposter

Thu 5 Mar, 2015 10:10 am
@CalamityJane,
As a member of Costco, we have their American Exress credit card that pays us cash every February. Next year, Costco will be issuing citibank credit cards with the same benefit. American Express is losing a big chunk of their business.
CalamityJane

Thu 5 Mar, 2015 10:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone, I have noticed that in general that American Express is losing out in the long run. Despite perks and other offers, people prefer Visa or Mastercard, and businesses are rarely taking Amex now because they take 4 % of fees from merchants instead of 2.o or 2.5 % the others take. I haven't used my Amex in years and I think I will drop it altogether.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 5 Mar, 2015 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
as I am like others here - I always pay off my balance each month so as not to incur any finance charges. So typically I look for a credit card that gives the most beneficial rewards to me as I would typically use. There are lots out there - depends on what sort of rewards you are looking for.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 5 Mar, 2015 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They are losing mine. I needed to call them on an issue and it took well over ten minutes to get a representative (I didn't time it), and when I got her I spent another ten minutes, more or less, trying to understand her. That was partially due to my hearing and partly due to her accent. I got a satisfactory result, but I pay $85 more per year for that card than all others combined - meaning Visa and MC are free. Their customer service is as good as, or better than American Express.
cicerone imposter

Fri 6 Mar, 2015 10:35 pm
@roger,
One of the first things I hear when I call American Express is, "I see you're one of our valued customers."When ever I have requested they reverse a fee or interest charge, they usually accommodate my request. When ever I challenge a charge, they do it with very efficiently. We get our American Express card through Costco, and my annual check is between $250 and $350. My wife took mine!
roger

Fri 6 Mar, 2015 10:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think they tell me how valued I am, too. Sometimes, it's hard to feel the appreciation.
0 Replies

felcanadaloan

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 02:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
I agree to this.. one should not accrue open balance. this is a major pitfall. Also; when looking for loans go for secured ones.
0 Replies