A Creepy film moment that gives you the shivers ..

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 05:55 am
.... or startled you so much that you grabbed the person sitting next to you (a total stranger!) in sheer terror ... Or made you scream in fright!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,138 • Replies: 139
No top replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:04 am
Donald Sutherland desperately chasing the small red-hooded figure through the lanes & alleyways of Venice. (Is it his dear, deceased daughter? Oh, he so desperately hopes so!)
He corners the figure & it turns around ... UGHH >>It's a crinkled, evil old man! It's the murderer! And (GASP!) he turns on Donald & kills him! (SCREAM!! ... drop Jaffas on floor .... Almost wet myself! )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:16 am
Oh, that was Nicholas Roeg's Don't Look Now.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:58 am
The very first Jaws that came out did it for me. To this day I'm not crazy about swimming in the ocean :-(
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:14 am
gezzy

Did you feel the same about showers after Psycho? Very Happy
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:20 am
When the alien popped out of John Hurt's stomach.

My date had to leave...I had NEVER left a movie before.

Not even 'The Exorcist'. (Although I spent a lot of that one with my eyes closed.)

(I was glad to leave, BTW.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:22 am
The last scene in "The Wicker Man". It really bummed me out emotionally, for a time.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:26 am
Phoenix

Haven't seen that one. What happened in the last scene?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:42 am
msolga- If I told you, it would totally spoil the movie for you. The fact that the ending is so unexpected, is why it is so psychologically upsetting.

See if you can rent it. It is a classic, and very worthwhile. If you insist, I will PM the story to you! Let me know!

Looks like this reviewer feels the same way as me about the ending!

Link to "Wicker Man" Review
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:55 am
Hey, Phoenix
That's looks interesting! Will definitely look for it at my video shop. Thanks for suggesting it.
(ps .. will it give me nightmares for weeks?)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:57 am
msloga- It was the implications of why the last scene happened that gave me the creeps. Stop it, I'm telling you too much!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:59 am
PDiddle

Which film was it? I don't know it. I take it you're not recommending it? Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:08 am
PDiddie- I could never relate to the BEM type films. The Exorcist was another thing entirely. In the scene when the girl is being seen by the doctor, and is injected in her neck, I became so dizzy that I had to lie down on the carpeting in the lobby. Funny thing was, I had lots of company! Shocked
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:15 am
In Alien, I screamed when the "egg" opened suddenly and the hand-like thing flew up onto John Hurt's face/mask. Then I punched my date who was laughing at me!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:33 am
msolga wrote:
PDiddle

Which film was it? I don't know it. I take it you're not recommending it? Very Happy

The first 'Alien'. Yes, I recommend it.

Just don't eat spaghetti before you see it. :wink:
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 09:21 am
"The Shining" always gives me the creeps. Men dressed up in bear costumes, the twins the the hallway, rivers of blood bursting through the doorways, his presence in the photograph at the end.

Love that movie though.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:00 am
The Alfred Hitchcock episode when the nurses were being murdered one by one and it turns out that one of the nurses is the murderer, a man in drag masquerading as a nurse and living in the same apartment. When he ripped open his blouse to reveal that hairy chest, I leaped from my seat in the back of the house and ran blindly, finding myself in the front of the house, as far away as I could get from the TV.
I was just a kid. That episode completely freaked me out!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:06 am
Phoenix: "The Wicker Man" was the movie I took my significant other to on our first date 23 years ago this month!

I am so used to things jumping out of dark hallways, and dead people suddenly coming back to life and grabbing someone that those almost never surprise me.

What does get to me are spiders and heights. The scene in Arachnophobia where the spider is hiding underneath the toilet had me squirming. Also, North-by-Northwest, with the hero and heroine starting to slip off the faces on Mt Rushmore had me shrinking into my seat.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:20 am
Equus- What a start to a relationship! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 12:29 pm
Of vintage films, the original "The Thing," when they are in the long hallway in front of the botanical room door, throw it open and there's the menacing James Arness monster immediately on the other side. I was so freaked out I went back twice to get scared all over again, dragging friends along with me.

Later on, exactly the same scene in "Don't Look Know" put my heart in my throat.

The scene (among others in the film) in "The Omen" when the truck careens down the street with the load of plate glass and the decapitation scene -- again, I went back to see the film again with friends just to scare the hell out of them.
0 Replies