My daughter was born with sadness?

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:47 pm
My teenage daughter (17 yrs) doesn't like being around our family at all. She doesn't eat with us at the same table and always sits in the living room to eat. She doesn't come out of her room and enjoy any time with us at all, it's like she lives in her room. She doesn't go out with us to parties and would rather stay home alone. Sometimes I wonder where my oldest daughter is. Ever since she was young she would never play with her siblings and would always prefer to stay alone by her self. She's really quite and only talks when she has to talk. I've often heard her crying in her sleep and just crying in the middle of the night. I hear her whisper and talk her self to sleep. I always hear her say that everything is her fault and all the blame is always on her, she says that no matter what she says or thinks, she's always the wrong one and she attempted to do suicide but I found the note before she could go anywhere. I don't know what to do, she's just so isolated and always seem to be sad. Ever since she was young, she has been known as the cry baby of the family since she cries so much even if you aren't yelling at her. She would always hold everything in and break down at one time; she never wanted to share or talk about anything. Could it just be that she's too soft hearted?

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:12 pm
@jeanajung324,
Or, you could stop calling her a cry baby and instead take her to her pediatrician for a referral to a psychologist. Suicide notes are not to be dismissed lightly. If your child is threatening to kill herself, that's not a problem that can be swept under the rug.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:34 am
@jeanajung324,
My sister was not very much inspired to social with the family and lived in her room. She is not married to a great man and ahs a great social life and job. My parents yelled at her often enough that I could see how she reacted under pressure, and yet she still loves them very much.

I would be honored to speak with your daughter.

When I was a child I would weep in my Bed saying "how much I hated God." for the world was filled with sin, and each day I had to follow the routine and in no way accomplish anything great, while the world around me suffered and did nothing to help itself.

I lived like this dreaming up a revolution.

I am a very happy, supportive, intelligent person.. But I too suffer from depression.

Please of Please let me speak to her. I think We would be good for each other.
0 Replies