NEW TO A2K

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 03:42 pm
HI. I am new to this discussion forum. I've been reading some posts on different topics and so far I like it. My favorite topic: RELIGION. A little bit about myself: I am in my forties, born and raised in Mexico City and now live in the Garden State. I've been married eight years to my lovely wife and we have three glorious kids and one on it's way.

Thank you for taking the time on reading my post. I hope to revisit this forum more often and put my two cents in.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,440 • Replies: 19
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 03:48 pm
@larryglz,
I'll look forward to seeing you around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 04:04 pm
@larryglz,
Glad to see you, larryglz.

We're a fairly rambunctious group of arguers here, but some of the arguers actually end up appreciating each other.
0 Replies

larryglz

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 04:09 pm
Thank you all. I've been noticing that some users get off a topic. For example I was reading about evolution and then on the last page someone is talking about going away to a tropical island?
Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 04:16 pm
Going off to a tropical island? Is this the next generation bot?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 04:59 pm
@larryglz,
This forum is a conversational or informal sort of forum - perhaps a bit different than some others on the 'Net. It's format is a bit loose - Too Loose LaTrech. Think old West sort of style. Pay little attention to some replies or members and a lot of attention to many others.

Bottom line is to have fun sorting out which ever ones give you the most entertainment.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:05 pm
@larryglz,
Bienvenuto, larry. Just don't feed the squirrels or other wild animals here and you'll be just fine. (Be careful on the Religion threads, though. Some of these people have very strong opinions they'll fight for.)
larryglz

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:31 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I know, I read some religion threads and boy this people really have STRONG opinions.

Gracias por la informaciĆ³n Lustig Andrei
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:56 pm
@larryglz,
Da nada, amigo. Un otro mas, bienvenuto.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 12:01 pm
@larryglz,
Best guess is that there's about 4200 different religions. I think this is too many, we should do away with about 3 of them.
larryglz

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Agreed! Which three? <laughing>
Ragman

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:12 pm
@larryglz,
Well, if in this fantasy, the 3 religions you did away with were Christianity, Islam and Judaism, there could be a chance for humanity to find peace. Don't do away with the people ... just poof away those religions.
larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:12 pm
@Ragman,
What do you mean by "there could be a chance for humanity to find peace"?
roger

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:43 pm
@larryglz,
Don't know, either, Larry. Religions are created by man, so eliminating the most troublesome doesn't sound productive to me.
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 06:00 pm
@larryglz,
What I mean is the majority of wars throughout history have been fought in the name of (3 major religions) religions.
larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:38 pm
@roger,
Isn't it interesting how those three major religions bring a lot of chaos? I mean everyone tries to defend their own beliefs, thoughts, knowledge, "facts" and then in the end no one wins. We just end up killing each other with words.
larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:40 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, you are right. And so sad that this has been happening thousands of years ago.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:41 pm
@larryglz,
Yes, but my contention is that if those religions didn't exist, the affairs of man would be largely unchanged.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:44 pm
@roger,
I think you're right, Roger. Human nature wouldn't change just because certain beliefs were thrown out.
0 Replies

larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:49 pm
@roger,
I agree with you 100 %.
0 Replies