Unenforceable contract?

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 05:34 pm
I have entered into a contract that I believe to be unenforceable.

I purchase a dog and in the contract it states I can not do any of the following without written permission: breed, sell, trade euthanize. This is normal in dog contracts but at the bottom in all caps it reads "ALL TRAINING MUST BE DONE BY blank KENNELS"

Now at the time I was okay with this. I was employed at blank kennels, I intended to train there.
The contract doesnt state what happens if I breach that clause nor does it state what is considered 'training.'

My interpretation of this clause was that I can not send my dog away from ME to be trained by anyone except blank kennels.
If the leash is in my hand.. I am training my dog. However this man has threatened to sue me for joining a local dog club where we all work as a group to train our dogs.
Also: His kennel is too far away, too expensive and I consider him to be abusive physically to the dogs and verbally to the people around him. I just dont see how this contract can be legal since he is trying to FORCE me to do business with him and only him.

Please advise! I intend to contact a lawyer. I feel like im just taking care of HIS dog instead of raising MINE.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:31 pm
@FoamyOpals,
An offer was made, and you signed the contract; they can enforce it.
The contract became legal when both party agreed to the conditions.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 07:59 pm
@FoamyOpals,
Contracts are there to be broken, just ignore it and have your pup trained wherever you want to. Let him sue you - which won't happen, he is just blowing smoke. Just threaten him back that you've seen him abuse the animals and you'll call authorities to have him checked out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
Interesting take.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, because I have been around the block a few times, cicerone. Smile
I know that many many contracts are broken and a good threat gets you these people off your back. There are plenty of decent, honest people out there, they deserve respect and honesty back. Yet they don't behave like this kennel owner does, so all bets are off.
0 Replies

personalinjury1

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 11:00 pm
It makes sense to talk to a lawyer. i am sure you will agree that a stitch in time saves nine....
0 Replies