Can anyone check my essay? the most important changes in my life

bazooka

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 11:27 am
Hi there, can You help me and check my essay? I meanwhether grammar is okay or not and whether it sounds English. I would be really grateful. cheers!

Changes are what guide us through our lives from the very beginning. It is something that happens to us whether we want it or not. I am not entirely sure if the episodes I remember were the most important in my life but I definitely can call them remarkable.

First of all, an event that changed my life was moving to a new place. It was not only related to living in new town and unknown environment but also leaving friends from the old place and starting all over again. The feeling of the anxiety before meeting new people and the fear of a new duties as a first year pupil of an elementary school paralyzed me. Now I know it opened me to new challenges and gave me a lot of self confidence.

The second significant change took place when I graduated from high school and became employed. It began a new period in my life hence I realized how hard it was to earn some money and I also found out that money did not grow on trees. It also has had great influence on me until now.

The last but certainly not least change that happened was when I gave up football for playing drums. I had always dreamed of playing drums but I never thought this dream would come true. It is five years now since I started playing drums and I am very glad and proud of what I have achieved.

To sum up, changes are necessary in our life. This process moulds our personalities.
If it were not for changes we would not be able to develop and gain new experiences

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,496 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 11:41 am
@bazooka,
Change is what guide us….
The feeling of anxiety….
...the fear of a new duties…

It began a new period in my life; hence I realized
Because it began a new period in my life I realized

….change is necessary...
bazooka

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 11:52 am
@dalehileman,

thank you

any other comments?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 12:04 pm
@bazooka,
Change guides us from the very beginning--whether we want it or not. I am unsure whether the following episodes were the most important but I can definitely call them most remarkable

First event radically changing my life was moving; not only encountering a new town of unknown environment but also losing friends, in effect starting all over. My anxiety meeting new people and fear of a duties as first- year pupil of an elementary school virtually paralyzed me, but now I realize that it also opened me to new challenges and imparted self confidence

I'd continue, Zook, but it's very time-consuming, while yardwork calls
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 05:03 pm
@dalehileman,
That's interesting, because I always welcomed new environments and experiences.
0 Replies