Is it possible to be part Democrat, Republican, Conservationist, and liberitarian?

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:02 pm
I agree with stuff from all those partys and I don't know if it is possible to be a bit of all. If you know, please tell me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 525 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:05 pm
@Poseidon384,
Sure it is. They all have policies you like. Few people agree with a single party on everything.
Poseidon384

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:35 pm
@Kolyo,
Thank you for your reply. I now feel like I can be accepted into the society without fear of having to choose sides. I truly thank you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:47 pm
@Poseidon384,
I believe all of us are a combination of all the political ideologies with different emphasis based on issues.
Poseidon384

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That does seem to be the case, but the way I have seen democrats fight republicans, it seems the only way they could agree on something is to agree to take a conservationist out of office. (That was a joke, by the way. They can't agree on anything.)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:58 pm
@Poseidon384,
We live in a two party system, the party that controls the White House, or Congress matters. So you should pick a party and stick with it (if you care about anything.)

I will never vote anyone who is not a Democrat (or an "independent that caucuses with the Democrats). The Democrats support my position on the issues I care most about. There are a couple of issues in where I agree with the Republicans more than the Democrats, but they aren't as important to me.

In my opinion, until a party arises that has the support and money of the Democrats and Republicans, voting for any other party is a foolish waste of a vote.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 11:25 pm
@Poseidon384,
Quote:
Is it possible to be part Democrat, Republican, Conservationist, and liberitarian?

It is certainly possible to accept certain portions of the doctrines of all of these groups (although I suspect you mean to say "Conservative", not "Conservationist.") But when you ask "is it possible to be" part of, say Democrat or Republican at the same time, the answer is, of course 'no.' These are organized political parties, opposed to each other. You can't be a member of both at the same time.

What you are, apparently, is an Independent who does not subscribe to the complete philosophy of either party. You would vote for the candidate regardless of which party he/she belonged to.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 03:53 am
@maxdancona,
Good point.
0 Replies

Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:29 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You know what, for once, I agree with you, Lustig.
0 Replies