What the Universe is Most likely for

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 08:52 pm
If you are a Christian or Jew or anything similiar to those, then I would like to speak directly to you. I believe that God made the Universe to satisfy the curiosity of the human species. I mean, why else would he put all this stuff out there if he didn't mean for us to find it and go to it. He could of put the Earth orbiting the sun and everything would have been fine, but he gave us the UNIVERSE. Same goes for the places that life exists and that humans cannot and there being no reason for their existence at all. It is to satisfy our curiosity. Please challenge my perspective. I would like to hear what you believe about this particuliar topic.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:56 pm
@Poseidon384,
First q: What physical or logical evidence do you have for your god - other than your "faith and belief?"
Poseidon384

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 10:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have none. That is why I speaking to Jews, Christians, and similiar religions. I do wanna hear from everyone about what they think though.
Kolyo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 10:20 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

That is why I speaking to Jews, Christians, and similiar religions.

And that's why I tagged the thread "Calling All Theists", as a call to Christians, Jewish persons, etc. to answer. (Don't worry, we do have them here.)

Quote:

I do wanna hear from everyone about what they think though.

As a hardcore agnostic and follower of all the latest scientific trends, all I can say is that is anything is possible. I do believe in the Big Bang, but have no clue what was there before that. Perhaps we began as an unfortunate accident in someone else's lab in another universe.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 11:06 pm
@Poseidon384,
Even if I believed as you apparently do (I don't), your thesis makes no sense. According to your Bible, God made the universe before he hit on the idea of creating a man. So why would the universe be for the benefit of the human species?
fresco

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 01:06 am
@Poseidon384,
I suggest you seriously examine your understanding of the words "life" , "existence" and "purpose". The fact is that the meaning of those words (including "God"), have been socially acquired by you and are a function of "an accident of birth". Their meanings are not set in stone and a realization of that tends to render "vacuous" most of this crop of "questions" from you.

Such a consideration is of course difficult for a religious believer who is being asked to throw away his mental life belt and swim on his own. (Apologies for the interplay with the "Poseidon" concept )
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:52 am
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:
I have none. That is why I speaking to Jews, Christians, and similiar religions. I do wanna hear from everyone about what they think though.

It's illogical to believe things for which there is no evidence. It's a method of reasoning that doesn't work.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:01 am
The universe is one big walkin closet for Jesus Christ's haute couture wardrobe.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:39 am
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

I have none. That is why I speaking to Jews, Christians, and similiar religions.

Once again the Cargo Cultists are whitewashed out of History. For shame!
0 Replies

Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:24 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Because, God is not limited to a single time like us, he is more fifth-dimensional if you will. Time has no meaning to Him. He knew of our existence before we existed.
Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh, but there is evidence. Every single miracle ever done has been done supernaturally, like the tapeworm that disappeared from inside that one man. That was a miracle performed by Blessed Mother Theresa.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:55 pm
@Poseidon384,
They're not "super" anything; just natural.
Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, I mean the unexplained ones, like the tapeworm. It just disappeared.
Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Also, there was one where a lady tried to boil the Eucharist and it turned into flesh. That flesh is now kept in a church in a sacred vessel. That lady is now commited to the faith entirely.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:00 pm
@Poseidon384,
Quote:
That was a miracle performed by Blessed Mother Theresa.

Are you able to prove a miracle was performed by Mother Theresa? I, of course, have heard of Mother Theresa who served the poor but did not know she was a miracle worker. It would be helpful if you could convince me with a link or something similar.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:04 pm
@korkamann,
He's just following the Catholic sainthood thing.
Poseidon384

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
She performed one that I know of. I didnt learn of it on the internet, so I would not know where to look. Maybe look up "Mother Theresa performs a miracle" on youtube.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:38 pm
@Poseidon384,
Miracles? Human mind plays tricks.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:42 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

No, I mean the unexplained ones, like the tapeworm. It just disappeared.

Just because something is unexplained does not mean that it is unexplainable.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:58 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:

Because, God is not limited to a single time like us, he is more fifth-dimensional if you will. Time has no meaning to Him. He knew of our existence before we existed.

Do you have some evidence for this or did you just make it up? It sounds like you've been watching too much Dr Who.