Attention: all bullies

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:40 pm
Something to think about

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10256385_10152526796738304_8998672881846676559_n.jpg?oh=5f110c1c07ea63dac43987eb4113b250&oe=556445BF
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 3,157 • Replies: 50

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:49 pm
I doubt bullies give a crap, generally speaking.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I also agree that bullies don't care; but thanks anyway for posting this, L.A. Some people need to be reminded. Not edgar. He already knows. He's a good guy. No, I'm referring to -- well, never mind.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 07:24 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Isn't this post a form of bullying (I mean the re-post if you have a heart thing)?
jcboy

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 07:47 pm
I posted this on another thread a couple of years ago.

When I was in the 8th grade we had a bully, he bullied everyone. One day we had to stand inline before going into class, he was standing behind me and kept bumping into me on purpose, pushing me. I was in a grumpy mood, turned around and punched him in the mouth, not hard but hard enough that I broke his jaw. He cried like a baby, blood was everywhere, my parents had to pay the medical bills and boy did I get in trouble.

Nobody ever picked on me after that, all the way through high school. Cool
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:17 pm
@wmwcjr,
I've been thumbed down by a bully! http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif
Sloan

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:24 pm
@wmwcjr,
I thumbed you down because I enjoy reading your daily post about being thumbed down!
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:24 pm
@wmwcjr,
He did it again! http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:27 pm
@Sloan,
I don't believe we've been properly introduced. What's your beef?

By the way, thanks for letting me know you're the one. Smile Now that I know better, I'll just keep my mouth shut when you do it again. Wink
Sloan

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:29 pm
@wmwcjr,
Deal.
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 08:58 pm
@Sloan,
It's your loss, not mine.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:21 pm
@jcboy,
absolutely, jc. What people don't realize is that the only way to handle a bully is to stand up to him right away. He will back down every time. Bullies are cowards; that's what makes them bully anyone they think is weaker than themselves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:31 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I learned very early in elementary school, because I wore glasses from an early age, and other kids picked on me. I fought them all, because once your're willing to get into fights with attendant bloody noses, they quit picking on me.
My report card stated that I fought too much, while my older brother's report card had the American flag.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have backed down a few bullies. But, when I was in the eighth grade, a boy two years older than me sat in the desk in front of me. I had never even looked at him before, that I recall, but one day he started the bullying thing. It went on for about a week. I told a teacher, but nothing came of it. One day, I accosted him on the sidewalk, fists doubled, offering to slug it out. He was so much bigger than me that he just made a joke of it and dodged my hands to slap my head. He continued to pick the rest of the school year. After summer, I saw him one more time. At the high school. He had quit school and he rode up on a motorcycle to talk to somebody through the chain link fence. I saw that I had gotten bigger than him over the summer. But I never saw him again. The point of my story being, they don't all turn out the same, even when you do fight back.
FBM

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 10:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, it's not always even necessary to win. Some bigger and older kid started picking on me when I was in the 9th grade (I think). Eventually, he called me out one Friday night during a school football game. I showed up and got a black eye for my trouble. I guess he had a scratch, too, but it wasn't even close. Anyway, he never bothered me again. Sometimes, just standing up for yourself is enough. Bullies don't like real resistance. They prefer to operate by terrorizing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 03:58 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Isn't this post a form of bullying (I mean the re-post if you have a heart thing)?

Don't talk bloody nonsense. What are the consequences of not re-posting? Nothing at all. This is another example of your moral ambivalence, in that you think that putting a (minuscule amount) of pressure on someone to post something is exactly the same as robbing someone for their dinner money, pushing them down the stairs, constantly taunting them, sending them to Coventry etc. etc. It's your passive aggressive way of telling the rest of us what a superior person you are, but no one's buying it.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:07 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I was in a grumpy mood, turned around and punched him in the mouth, not hard but hard enough that I broke his jaw. He cried like a baby, blood was everywhere, my parents had to pay the medical bills and boy did I get in trouble.

Nobody ever picked on me after that, all the way through high school. Cool

Unfortunately that's the only thing that works. My daughter was being bullied and the school's efforts to stop it were lamentable. I showed her how to throw a punch, and she smashed her bully's head into the wall, then she lost the plot. It took two teachers to drag her off him, and he was sent to hospital with concussion.

I only found out about it because she told me, clearly the school thought he had it coming, and she'd never been in trouble like that before. No medical bills over here, and when she told me I gave her a beer.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Don't talk bloody nonsense. What are the consequences of not re-posting? Nothing at all. This is another example of your moral ambivalence, in that you think that putting a (minuscule amount) of pressure on someone to post something is exactly the same as robbing someone for their dinner money, pushing them down the stairs, constantly taunting them, sending them to Coventry etc. etc. It's your passive aggressive way of telling the rest of us what a superior person you are, but no one's buying it.

I love irony.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 04:53 am
@maxdancona,
Pity you don't understand it.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:06 am
@izzythepush,
That was a good one Izzy. You are my favorite poster.

Here, take my lunch money.
0 Replies