Is History an art or a science?

FBM

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 09:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Freedom of speech goes both ways. She can expose her narrow-minded hatefulness and we can vote her posts down and call her a narrow-minded, hateful wretch.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:33 am
@FBM,
wow, this thread has taken an unexpected turn since I was OOT.
FBM

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:37 am
@farmerman,
That's because bastids exercise their right to free speech. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/sad_shakefist.gif
ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:38 am
@FBM,
I exercise mine by reporting the posts.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
******* antisemite.

pamela rosa is nothing but excrement. Whew! Get some deodorant on this thread.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 12:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Love heals all wounds.

Love is powerful, no doubt, but it cannot do the impossible. pamela rosa is the embodiment of purely racial and anti-Semitic hatred that permeates her very soul.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 12:24 pm
@korkamann,
That ('love heals all wounds') was said in jest.
korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 12:46 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
That ('love heals all wounds') was said in jest.

And my answer was given in the same vein. We do not know pamela rosa and said poster might even be a man or someone retarded without true understanding to what he/she is saying. So I do not place too much emphasis or substance on a person I do not know and cannot see.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 12:58 pm
@korkamann,
I tend to ignore her, like I ignore most of the single-issue posters. She ignores us too: she never replies, so there's no discussion to be had. She just comes in, drops her ****, and leaves...
korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 01:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

I tend to ignore her like I ignore most of the single-issue posters. She ignores us too: she never replies, so there's no discussion to be had. She just comes in, drops her ****, and leaves...

To ignore such creatures is surely the way to go. The Internet is a wide open arena where a motley collection of social misfits congregates to drop their load. These chowderheads, who hate Blacks, Jews, Latino, Asians, Muslims, Gays, people who look differently, are out there and they will wound another emotionally if allowed to as that is their aim. The key, as you suggest, is: Do not feed this human garbage.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 01:49 pm
@korkamann,
Plenty of people like that here. Even those who are generally decent get quite easily agitated and nasty, in my experience. Thousand thanks to the internet gods for the iggy button.
korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:25 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Plenty of people like that here. Even those who are generally decent get quite easily agitated and nasty, in my experience. Thousand thanks to the internet gods for the iggy button.

How some respond depends much on the subject matter and how passionate one is regarding same. Most Internet message forums are similar when it comes to human frailties. Oftimes we subconsciously dispense with civility in our need to release pent-up frustration, forgetting frequently to show respect to others. The majority of us at one time or another reveal this side of our nature. There are, of course, some far worse than others, like the pamela rosa character. Individual personalities with unconventional behavior patterns are always among us.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:33 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Freedom of speech goes both ways.

True. Even the Neo-Nazis and the KKK are allowed to march; however the response by those they're trying to intimidate usually backfires on the hate groups.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 06:24 pm
@korkamann,
Are you new here, Korkamann?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 06:31 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

Quote:
Freedom of speech goes both ways.

True. Even the Neo-Nazis and the KKK are allowed to march; however the response by those they're trying to intimidate usually backfires on the hate groups.

When I was in university, the KKK staged a march in our town. There were only about 8 or 9 KKKers marching, but a hundred or more showed up to mock them.
0 Replies