Is she lying? Or am I over-reacting?

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 04:19 pm
I am 55, girlfriend is 48. Before we met, she had been in a series of bad relationships. So for a few months, we were trying to get past her bad experiences. We also had good times, became intimate, and were/are very attracted to each other.
However, we hit a rough patch after 3 months, and broke up for a couple of weeks. She went on a date with another guy, then we got back together. She told me they had kissed a couple of times, standing next to her car.
I have access to her email account, and was cleaning out her files for her, and came across some emails to one of her female friends. One was about the date with the other guy. She told her friend the guy tried to get her drunk, and asked her several times how she felt about sex on the first date. She told the friend she refused to have sex with the guy, but they did make out for an hour, in the back seat of his car.She also claimed " I wouldn't let him touch my stuff, and I didn't touch his".
So, what she told me wasn't what really happened. I'm not happy she didn't tell me the truth, but wonder if she lied in fear I wouldn't take her back. I don't know what to do, and would appreciate some advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 743 • Replies: 7
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 04:37 pm
@estevenson,
I think that if two people break up, what occurs is none of each others business as you are no longer together.

I also think that 3 months is not a long time for anyone to know anyone. All you possibly know about her is that she has had some bad relationships, both have good chemistry but you can't possibly know her inside and out at this stage and I wish people would just go with the flow and see how things pan out instead of being worried, read each others emails and spend their time wondering what is true.. I think when you read peoples emails you jump left and right, then right and left and surely that's a horrible feeling.

Would it be fair to say she kissed him. I don't think it matters how long for, those emails you snooped at Smile Suggest, that she kissed him.

I'd say she made a Management decision "not" to re-visit her past of bad mistakes and that's a good thing.

I think that the fact she told you of her past is also a good thing but please don't leave it in your mind as if she is going to do the dirty on you. She told you because she was sharing her life.

Enjoy your relationship and learn to trust because rocky roads are not fun, loving each other and even showing her she's in a "good" relationship this time and trusting her would be a really good thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 04:50 pm
@estevenson,
estevenson wrote:
I have access to her email account, and was cleaning out her files for her, and came across some emails to one of her female friends.

cleaning out files does NOT mean reading other people's emails

I'm not as nice as Foundygirl - my honest reaction is that if I knew how to contact your girlfriend, I'd tell her to kick you to the curb for reading her emails.

My partner and I have been living together for many years now. We've had access to each other's email / social media etc for over 15 years. We're a decade older than you and your girlfriend.

I have never looked at his emails/pms/ims - any of that. He doesn't look at mine. It's not done. It's not respectful.
estevenson

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 05:38 pm
@ehBeth,
It probably makes no difference to you, but she asked me to read them before deleting them. I assume she forgot it was in there.
Germlat

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 05:42 pm
@estevenson,
estevenson wrote:

It probably makes no difference to you, but she asked me to read them before deleting them. I assume she forgot it was in there.

I think she's still into you and you need to let it go. She didn't have sex with the dude. Sounds to me like you're #1 still......better communicate to her she's meaningful to you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 06:02 pm
@estevenson,
She asked you to read her emails to/from friends?

Maybe next time (if there is one) you can clarify if she wants you to read her personal emails.

________

If for some reason I'd asked Set to go through my emails, I'm pretty sure he'd ask me (if he opened something that was clearly personal) to confirm if I also meant for him to go through my personal emails.
0 Replies

psychictiff

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 05:39 pm
@estevenson,
It's obvu she's lying, however, she did it to, ultimately protect you! So maybe take perspective from why she did what she did, not to be devious, but because she cares!!
0 Replies

cristopher

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 11:29 pm
@estevenson,
may be she is cared of losing you as a result hid the truth
0 Replies