Think I have fallen for someone else but has she too?

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:37 pm
I am in a relationship however have been having feelings for a married coworker. We are both women an she knows I am a lesbian.

I haven't been able to read her and have found her really friendly with me. It got to the point before Christmas we were out on a work party and she said she thought I was pretty and found me sexy and she said that if she want married then she would go for me. Later on in the night she said she didn't know if she was gay or straight at it was about the person and again said something like she had me. She kept saying that we needed to go to lunch again. Cut to two weeks after the Xmas hols and first day back she is asking when I was buying her lunch.

Today we go for lunch and it went like this:

So on the way it was small talk, we sat down and she was talking about her kid at which point she says she tried to teach them about stuff in life like people being gay (she is always bringing gay stuff up). It went into this thing how she says that people can love each other regardless of sex but her husband is a bit homophobic and it annoys her. She said that her and her husband are really different and he is boring. Then she talks about another girl that used to work at our company. This girl was gay and kept telling her that she should go out with her and her gf to bars. She tells me that she told her that she was married and why would she go there for her to hit on her. Then she was saying stuff like I don't look gay. Then it briefly went into the subject of another woman at our company looking gay. So then she comes back to her husband and how she nearly left him before. She's says that he doesn't notice her, that she walks around naked and he doesn't even look. Then she says he is comfortable because he knows that she isn't the type to cheat that she will always be faithful. If she is going to be with someone then she will leave him first. But then she said she lies there at night thinking he can't give her a good **** and she said lots of men flirt with her and she used to think about getting with her husbands best friend but she is faithful so didn't. She added he does not make her happy, at which point she asked how was my relationship.

I said that I don't know how I feel anymore to be honest. She said was I the type that if I met someone I liked I would cheat. I said that I don't really like a lot of people so that's on my side. She asked if there was anyone I liked and I said yes there is someone I liked a lot. She paused a bit and asked me who it was. I said I don't think I should say.She said that I should be happy and if it's not for me to leave. I was trying to say I love my gf but I'm not in love with her. We were walking back to the office and she was walking really slow. She said that because of her husbands work she is waiting until the end on January and then she is going to have a talk about their future and by march she will know if they will still be together.
I kind of feel like she isn't into me, as she said there are loads of men who notice her and she could be with them. I don't know if she wanted someone to talk to about her marriage? I feel like one minute she is hinting she likes me too but the next she doesn't and she's after a new guy? I'm so confused about everything
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 713 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:49 pm
@Confused2015,
Work relationships can be messy.

Are you ready to consider leaving your job if things don't work out with this woman?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:51 pm
@Confused2015,
And my personal rule #1 is to sort out the relationship you are in before you start looking around.

If you're starting to look around - finish your current relationship so your partner can find someone who is in love with her.
0 Replies

Confused2015

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:09 am
@ehBeth,
Yes I would change my job if it got messy with her. I already want to leave but my feelings for her make me stay. I just don't know whether she feels the same though.
CoastalRat

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:38 pm
@Confused2015,
Quote:
I just don't know whether she feels the same though.
Neither do we.

Additionally, you don't even really know if she is into women or not. From what you wrote, it sounds to me as though she just likes talking about people being gay because she knows you are gay and she thinks she should talk about gay stuff. (Hope that makes sense. I'm not sure what I wrote is properly expressing what I sensed reading you OP.)
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:41 pm
@CoastalRat,
Coastal Rat could be onto something. Maybe she thinks she has to talk about gay stuff since you're gay. She may not realize that being gay doesn't mean you can't talk about everyday stuff.

In any case, if the only reason you're staying at that job is because she's there - that's not a good reason to stay.

And - if you're having doubts about your relationship, deal with that.

The work and primary relationship issues really have nothing to do with whether or not the other woman is gay/bi/interested.
0 Replies

Emmarust

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:43 pm
@Confused2015,
Don't work with these type of girls .
0 Replies