Scar on my head (man): big turn off??

Lsantc

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:19 pm
Hi,
So I'm a 31 year old guy. Been told I'm good looking...I would say average, but unfortunately vanity has been an issue for me. When I was 21 I started balding and freaked out! I ended up getting a hair transplant surgery which I have since regretted very much and which left me with a big scar on the back of my head.
I like to wear my hair short but I'm so self conscious of my scar. To me it's a big deal and in my head I think women are very turned off by it.

Question (especially for women but I welcome everyone's input):
How big of a turn off is it for a guy to have a big scar on the back of their head?
Does it make it worse if you find out it was from a hair transplant surgery?

Would really appreciate your input! Thank you!!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:47 pm
@Lsantc,
Bald is a state of being. Me, a woman, I was once out of my mind for a bald guy, so I don't get the assumed distaste.

Trying to hide it is so 1950, and many more years, becoming odd in itself by now, way odder that balding.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:49 pm
I believe women are more turned on by your personality than your looks, most of the time. Of course, I am not really the person to say so.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes you are.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:58 pm
I just shaved the noggin again. Scars aplenty on that part of the anatomy.

Gonna take the razor to it this time, and keep it that way.

Scars can be a talking point. You can even say that you were once so vain that you paid for a transplant, but now those days are (literally) behind you.

chai2

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:59 pm
Scar/baldness wouldn't bother me at all.

No one goes through life without scars. It's an indication you've been living.
0 Replies

Lsantc

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you, Ossobuco. But would the scar, not so much the balding, be a turn off for you or, in your opinion, other women?
chai2

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:05 pm
You know what?

Most women would be more turned off by a man who is worried about a scar or balding.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:10 pm
@Lsantc,
be cool about the scar
joke about it

it isn't a turn-off in and of itself - it's your attitude about it

________

here's a story about the same thing

I worked with this great guy G. The only thing a bit off was the hair plugs. They were a bit too orderly. Looked like a tree yard. Anyway, I got used to them and his general personality made him amazing to be with.

Then one day, he starts calling people aside one by one. It was my turn.

Beth, I have something very important to tell you.

omg omg omg he's going to tell me he's dying and we never figured out what we were going to do

uhhhh I had a hair tranplant and I'm having it removed and I want to know that you're going to be ok with it.

I nearly punched him.

The balding didn't matter, the plugs didn't matter (but I was glad they were going away) and the scar never mattered.

He's a terrific guy with a shaved head now - and when I see him I still threaten to punch him for scaring me.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:11 pm
@Builder,
ha! I like that
0 Replies

Lsantc

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for the story and your input. I agree with you and chai2 that my attitude is more of the issue here. I'm working on that.

People tell me I'm very likable and have a great personality. I haven't had a big issue bring with women since I got the surgery...so I know a lot of this is in my head (no pun intended!). Guess the more i grow in confidence for who I am, the less of an issue this will be. Feel pretty shallow putting this out there but at the end of the day, this is what is really going on in mind, no point pretending that I don't care.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:46 pm
@Lsantc,
No.

If I had to pinpoint, it was his eyes and brains, but I liked his whole look too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 07:41 am
@Lsantc,
Hey, we've all got something that worries us.

You'll be (and are) fine.

PS If the scar really bothers you, would you be amenable to getting a tat? That could be awesome, actually, if done well.
0 Replies

Lsantc

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 04:52 am
Thank you everyone for your responses. I appreciate you taking the time to read and give your input. I know it may be a silly question but I had to put it out there and each of your feedback was helpful. I got a haircut today and buzzed it really short. Scar is super noticeable but my focus will be on cuddling ok about myself with my scar and all Smile
0 Replies