Should we be afraid of another Terrorist attack?

MrMix

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 08:09 pm
@Rickoshay75,
"worst part of it is we can do nothing to stop it, only hope that everything will work out well in the end".

This is a spiritual problem so the solution must come from a spiritual place. Like I said before, read your bible to find the answers...

"Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it".
Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 09:22 pm
@MrMix,
Quote:
This is a spiritual problem so the solution must come from a spiritual place. Like I said before, read your bible to find the answers...

Good luck to you on that.

An attack by a bunch of god-obssessed religious-oriented maniacs is hardly a "spiritual problem." The motivation of the attacking terrorists may -- or may not -- be spiritual but if our defense is somehow "spiritual" , we have lost the fight already.
thack45

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 10:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

neologist wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Best not to trust anyone in this situation.
Then, what are we doing here? Very Happy

Hiding,

Laughing
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 01:24 am
@MrMix,
"This is a spiritual problem so the solution must come from a spiritual place. Like I said before, read your bible to find the answers... "

And the Lord sayeth: Look unto their internet radicalisation, bang up the buggers who art brainwashing them and removeth religious zealotry from every walk of life. Those who still chooseth to do nasties against the innocent shall receiveth an early morning call from the sacred boys in blue, and be carteth away to a life of solitude.

He then inscructeth Luke to come forth, but he came fifth and everyone was slightly disappointed.
MrMix

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 05:14 am
@Lustig Andrei,
An attack by a bunch of god-obssessed religious-oriented maniacs is hardly a "spiritual problem." The motivation of the attacking terrorists may -- or may not -- be spiritual but if our defense is somehow "spiritual" , we have lost the fight already.

The jihadists, Isis and other Islamic extremist organisations including al-Qaeda have all proclaimed this to be a holy war and yet you say this is not spiritual?? HELLO.. We must remember that many across the globe see America as a Christian nation and see the fight with America as a holy war, indeed that is what al-Qaeda believed when it instigated the September 11 attacks. So yes the motivation is spiritual and to combat this evil that we are experiencing we must get closer to our creator. Ultimately it starts with ourselves that is what I'm saying. Once we learn to have a personal relationship with God then our fears and doubts will disappear. How do we get close to him? By reading his word, prayer and being around other believers. Your life will transform. You will find that once you understand how God works the focus is on eternity and the fear of death goes due to faith in him. Do you believe the body has a soul? Do you believe there is good and evil? Then surely you must believe in the spiritual! It's time to open your eyes and look deeper as to what is really going on... Your comments just made it obvious to me that your not awake spiritually yet and lack faith but I'll pray that God allows you to see what is really going on in the world, believe me, this war has been going on well before humans ever walked on this planet...
0 Replies

MrMix

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 05:35 am
@Lordyaswas,
Hahaha I wouldn't expect anything less from you Lordyaswas lol but be careful now.. It's not wise to mock The Lord your God...
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:36 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Quote:

Good luck to you on that.

They are really just radical Sunni Arabs on a mission, but that doesn't have the media impact of Muslim terrorists.

BTW: I have been on a crusade to get people to read the constitution,
printed it and Emailed dozens of times on forums, newspapers and magazines, and I've yet to get one response. Are they all in denial?

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:47 am
@MrMix,
MrMix wrote:

"worst part of it is we can do nothing to stop it, only hope that everything will work out well in the end".

"Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it".
Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha.

What is the difference between wisdom and knowledge, both are perception ?

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

MrMix

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:23 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Firstly I think you must be mistaken, I didn't write;

"worst part of it is we can do nothing to stop it, only hope that everything will work out well in the end". You wrote that..

And secondly there is a difference between wisdom and knowledge;

Knowledge is information which someone is aware. Knowledge is also used to mean a confident understanding of a subject, potentially with the ability to use it for a specific purpose while wisdom is the ability to make correct judgments and decisions. It is the intangible quality gained through our experiences in life. So basically knowledge is gathered from learning and education and wisdom is gathered from our experiences.

So in saying that, the quote you used from Henry Stanton is somewhat flawed;

He should have used the word "knowledge" in the place of "wisdom" because wisdom can only be gathered though our own experiences whereas knowledge can be passed through conversation..

Anyway you seem to be veering away from your original topic which I feel has been answered..
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:37 pm
For once, MrMix is quite right. Knowledge is just data. Wisdom is something quite different and not quantifiable.
MrMix

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Haha "for once" you say.. You haven't made a rebuttal against my last reply to you?? Or do you know deep down that Iv been right more the once Lol
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:34 pm
@MrMix,
Quote:
Or do you know deep down that Iv been right more the once Lol

Oh, you may have been, I just don't feel like gooing back to look. Laughing
MrMix

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:11 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lol that's fair enough Lustig Andrei
0 Replies