Is the United States Crazy?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:29 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Actually, I was going for was a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em.

Wow...are ya playing dumb or what?...It should read, "Actually, what I was going for was a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em."

No, I am not playing dumb...nor am I dumb.

Unlike you, I have enough pride in what I write to edit most of my comments before posting them. I must originally have written that sentence "Actually what I was going for was a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em" but decided to eliminate the "what" and the "was" as unnecessary. "Actually I was going for a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em" is a more active form of the thought. I eliminated the "what" and forgot to eliminate the "was"...and each time I read it my mind eliminated it. It was like looking for your keys when they are in sight all the while...not actually a grammar error, but a typo of sorts.

When you mentioned grammer (sic) and spelling...I thought you were referring to the 'em at the end.

If you want to start correcting my grammar or spelling, John, come ahead. You are, after all, above average in intelligence. We'll see who comes up with the greater number of mistakes.

giujohn

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If you want to start correcting my grammar or spelling, John

Hey Frank are you having a senior moment?? I'm not the one who corrects peoples typos or calls them to attention in lieu of answering a question...thats how you roll.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:50 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
If you want to start correcting my grammar or spelling, John

Hey Frank are you having a senior moment?? I'm not the one who corrects peoples typos or calls them to attention in lieu of answering a question...thats how you roll. (Run-on sentence!)

You bragged that you were not calling attention to errors in my posts.

So...do it...if you can.

If you can't...stop bragging.
giujohn

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 06:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hey Frank are you having a senior moment?? I'm not the one who corrects peoples typos or calls them to attention in lieu of answering a question...thats how you roll. (Run-on sentence!)

Guess you just cant help yourself...must be pathological.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:27 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Guess you just cant help yourself...must be pathological.

Guess you can't help making so many writing and grammar errors, John, despite your claims that you are above average in intelligence.

At some point...are you going to point out some of mine?
giujohn

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 09:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank...this is not a 400 level writing class. I could give a rats ass if I make a typo or punctuation mistake...IT'S A2K FOR CHRIST SAKES. I rarely if ever point out others mistakes and only did so with you to illustrate that YOU are the kettle to the pot on this issue.
GET-A-GRIP-FRANK...PUHLEEEEEZZZZE! Rolling Eyes
Builder

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:46 am
@giujohn,
The phrase is "I couldn't give a rat's arse....." etc.
Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:56 am
@Builder,
Builder, I could care less... it's an error that really annoys me. I probably should care less.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 08:32 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Frank...this is not a 400 level writing class. I could give a rats ass if I make a typo or punctuation mistake...IT'S A2K FOR CHRIST SAKES. I rarely if ever point out others mistakes and only did so with you to illustrate that YOU are the kettle to the pot on this issue.
GET-A-GRIP-FRANK...PUHLEEEEEZZZZE! Rolling Eyes

I've got a grip.

You asserted you are above average in intelligence...and I am pointing out errors you make that a grade school kid would not make.

You asserted that you could be pointing out my errors. I am asking you to do so.

Get a grip yourself.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:46 am
'Bye, folks. I want nothing more to do with this two-man thread.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Only you guys think picking apart someones spelling and grammar is "scoring" points in a debate or a discussion. It is only someone with no argument who goes to the grammar and spelling as a way to discredit someones post.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 11:01 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Only you guys think picking apart someones spelling and grammar is "scoring" points in a debate or a discussion. It is only someone with no argument who goes to the grammar and spelling as a way to discredit someones post.

Normally I do not do it. However, John claims to be above average in intelligence...which apparently was made to give greater value to his opinions versus the opinions of people like me...who freely acknowledges that I am not the brightest lamp on the A2K tree.

Since he has such a high opinion of his intelligence...and since that factors into the value of his posts...it is completely appropriate for me to impeach that assertion.

I also acknowledge that I have done it with others who think it appropriate to brag about their superior intelligence.

Sorry it bothers people like you and Andy.
giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 07:45 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

or...I could give a rats ass every time someone points out a ridiculously minor mistake, as a penalty, as in, thats the value of the complaint...a rats ass.

Works both ways
giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 07:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You asserted that you could be pointing out my errors. I am asking you to do so.

Asked and answered.
giujohn

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 08:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:

Frank...it is obvious to most that the reason you do it is as stated above. The argument that you are trying to impeach my assertions is specious at best and a smoke screen in reality.

Typos and lack of punctuation in this type of forum is in no way indicitive of lack of intelligence...it's the insightfulness of ideas and critical thinking that shows intelligence...something you are sorely lacking. I dont think you are unintelligent but I do think you hate to be pinned down on any issue. You are a fence sitter (and sometimes it seems a picket is way up your ass!) Lets face it, most times what you assert is so nebulous it is of little value and is thus indefensible.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:12 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

or...I could give a rats ass every time someone points out a ridiculously minor mistake, as a penalty, as in, thats the value of the complaint...a rats ass.

Works both ways

Actually, John, I will take this rare opportunity to agree with you. The expression works both ways...and is used both ways.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Asked and answered.

Not really...but I guess that is the best you can do.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:23 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Baldimo wrote:

Frank...it is obvious to most that the reason you do it is as stated above. The argument that you are trying to impeach my assertions is specious at best and a smoke screen in reality.

Now that is more like it, John. An excellent sentence...well written. The thought is wrong, but at least you got the composition right.

Quote:
Typos and lack of punctuation in this type of forum is in no way indicitive (sic) of lack of intelligence...it's the insightfulness of ideas and critical thinking that shows intelligence...something you are sorely lacking.

I doubt that very much. My ideas are good enough to have gotten me published in magazines and newspapers all over this country.

Quote:
I dont (sic) think you are unintelligent but I do think you hate to be pinned down on any issue.

Pin me down...if you can. We disagree on some things...and you go ape. But since you bragged that you are above average in intelligence...your writing abilities are in play. Perhaps the real difficulty is that you shouldn't have bragged.

Quote:
You are a fence sitter (and sometimes it seems a picket is way up your ass!)

I am not a fence sitter in any way. If I do not know something, I simply am man enough to acknowledge that I do not know it. You ought to give that a try.

You, on the other hand, are a person addicted to insults.

Quote:
Lets face it, most times what you assert is so nebulous it is of little value and is thus indefensible.

Because you are not able to see the utility of what I assert does not mean what I assert is not valuable. I think what I have asserted here...is valuable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Now Frank...where in that post did I insult you????

Published?? Was it Pravda, or Mother Jones?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:59 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Now Frank...where in that post did I insult you????

Several places. I've got a thick skin, John...so don't worry about your addiction.

Quote:
Published?? Was it Pravda, or Mother Jones?

Newsweek Magazine; The New York Times; and at least a dozen other major newspapers...here and in England.

Have you had any success as a non-professional writer?