Is the United States Crazy?

Olivier5

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 02:01 pm
Along the same lines:

Quote:
Veteran CNN anchor Jim Clancy stepped down on Friday, one week after a series of Twitter posts in which he mocked pro-Israel tweeters on a thread discussing the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

Neither CNN nor Jim Clancy gave a reason for his departure, which was reported by AdWeek. Clancy had worked at CNN for 34 years.

Although Clancy’s Twitter account no longer existed as of Thursday, the tweets have been preserved on a number of websites, including Twitchy and Mediaite, and by Tablet journalist Yair Rosenberg.

On January 7, Clancy posted a tweet arguing that the cartoons posted by the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, which was attacked last week by Islamist gunmen who killed 12, did not mock the Muslim prophet Muhammad.

So this guy has an argument with a few Israelis on the internet, and poof, next thing you know he doesn't have a job anymore... Great progress towards press freedom, no doubt.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 08:29 pm
@Olivier5,
Wake up Oliver. If the Isralie premier dident carry more weight with congress why would they have invited him to address them rather than the man the citizens of the U S of A elected president. Yes the U S is batshyt crazy because where I live I have heard citizens praising congress for this shyt.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2015 09:27 pm
@RABEL222,
To put many of these controversial issues into perspective, women still adore Bill Cosby, the US government has no human ethics on equality and supports the apartheid country of Israel - because Israel is our closest allie with Great Brittain.

Beyond crazy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:57 am
@RABEL222,
And i just learnt that the New York Times has published an op-ed by Nazi heir Marine Le Pen, full of lies and semi-truths. But of course they will not publish a Charlie cartoon... How is that even possible? Their job is to inform, not to lie or hide things.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2015 09:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Our media is owned lock stock and barrel by ultraconservative big business and only a fool listens to it without consulting foreign media. In other words they lie like dogs. All of U S media. There are some places where a person can get the truth but it is labeled liberal and so cant be believed so say the conservatives.
giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:08 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
Ha. That's kind of funny given that you work in the public sector. I'm assuming that the government provides you with holiday pay, sick pay and other benefits which those of us who are self-employed can't imagine .

The government doesnt provide me with anything... they compensate me for 40+hours a week for my expertise. Big difference. And FYI, my medical benefits are a compensation for the 6 years I spent in service to my country.

When my little brother and older brother were self employed they had no problem affording any needed "benefits". (my little brother is now quite wealthy from his real estate holdings) Living the American dream.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yes Frank, when Im in a hurry I sometimes dont pay attention and I am slightly dyslexic when I type (hunt and peck)...do you have a salient argument or were you just bored?
Olivier5

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:33 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Our media is owned lock stock and barrel by ultraconservative big business and only a fool listens to it without consulting foreign media. In other words they lie like dogs. All of U S media. There are some places where a person can get the truth but it is labeled liberal and so cant be believed so say the conservatives.

I used to like the NYT... Depressing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:38 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Yes Frank, when Im in a hurry I sometimes dont pay attention and I am slightly dyslexic when I type (hunt and peck)...do you have a salient argument or were you just bored?

Well, John, as a "...college educated experienced and professionally trained person with an above average IQ"...you should be able to figure that out.

giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, Im going with bored with a side of petty
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 05:51 pm
@Olivier5,
I did too, a lot of us here in the US did. I don't even look at it (the paywall beeswax) so I haven't seen the changes. It was never perfect but was a go to start of the day for me for some years when I subscribed in Los Angeles, and later in northern California, I'd get the Sunday edition.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 06:35 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Yeah, Im going with bored with a side of petty

Actually, I was going for was a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em.

How'd I do?
giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 05:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Notice how I never correct your grammer or spelling? (see above)
(thats the OPPOSITE of petty...fyi)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 07:12 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Notice how I never correct your grammer or spelling? (see above)
(thats the OPPOSITE of petty...fyi)

Not sure of what you are saying here...but that is understandable, because you seem to have trouble expressing yourself coherently.
giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 10:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Not sure of what you are saying here

Quote:

Oh Frank...cant you even admit a small mistake? You believe that your statement is proper grammer?

Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 11:14 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Notice how I never correct your grammer or spelling?

Well it would be a little cheeky given that you've spelled grammar incorrectly at least twice on this page.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 08:10 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Not sure of what you are saying here

Quote:

Oh Frank...cant you even admit a small mistake? You believe that your statement is proper grammer?

Yes...I think my remark was proper grammar. Casual conversational grammar...intended, not a mistake.

What, specifically, were you correcting...what "mistake?"

Do you suppose the casual contraction 'em...to be a mistake. Perhaps my over use of ellipses? Which...or what mistake?

And are you supposing that I do not "admit" mistakes...although you do?
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 10:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

And i just learnt that the New York Times has published an op-ed by Nazi heir Marine Le Pen, full of lies and semi-truths. But of course they will not publish a Charlie cartoon... How is that even possible? Their job is to inform, not to lie or hide things.

To be fair, Le Pen sounds like any other American right-wing, islamophobic politician which the New York Times gives space to air their opinions.

She'd be a regular contributor on FoxNews.

The Charlie cartoons--like the caracature of a Muslim with a star in his rectum--are too graphically offensive for mainstream American media given America's puritanical religious heritage.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 12:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The Charlie cartoons--like the caracature of a Muslim with a star in his rectum--are too graphically offensive for mainstream American media given America's puritanical religious heritage.

Most of these are a-okay to print wherever, like the last Charlie cover with Mo saying "Je suis Charlie". Nothing offensive there. They are afraid of the possible consequences, that's all.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 07:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Wow...are ya playing dumb or what?...It should read, "Actually, what I was going for was a snarky reaction...or perhaps a couple of 'em."