Why is murder in France more tragic than ours?

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:29 pm
Why isn't dozens of our children being murdered with guns in their classrooms as important as murders in France?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 945 • Replies: 14

glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:56 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It's not less important, it's just that France doesn't have the equivalent of the NRA. No one in France is arguing that if the Satirical Magazine cartoonists had been armed the terrorists would have not attacked.

If the heads of every country had to travel to the US for every senseless massacre perpetrated in the US, they would never get back to their own countries.

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:53 pm
@Rickoshay75,
God you're an idiot. Do you not recall the horror and outrage at the school massacre? You really are about as stupid as a box of rocks.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:59 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's not less important, it's just that France doesn't have the equivalent of the NRA.

That does not explain why we did not have 1o million people out marching the streets in solidarity and protest after Newton. The NRA does not have the power to prevent people from marching. To the extent that the NRA is able to convince people to not march speaks to the power of the ideas that they use, not the power of the NRA.

I am not shocked that this is too difficult of a concept for you.
engineer

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
Newton is not rare. Workplace and school shootings are common enough here that people just shake their heads and carry on. This website tracked 274 in 2014.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
It's not less important, it's just that France doesn't have the equivalent of the NRA.

That does not explain why we did not have 1o million people out marching the streets in solidarity and protest after Newton. The NRA does not have the power to prevent people from marching. To the extent that the NRA is able to convince people to not march speaks to the power of the ideas that they use, not the power of the NRA.

I am not shocked that this is too difficult of a concept for you.

I'm shocked you think I give a good God damn about what you think.

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:33 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

Why isn't dozens of our children being murdered with guns in their classrooms as important as murders in France?

What? Huh? Wtf are you talking about? who says that "children being murdered with guns" isn't important or isn't considered important? Do you have even a tenuous grasp on reality?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:47 pm
Why is murder in France more tragic than ours?

because murder in France has a certain.........je ne sais quoi
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 08:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

God you're an idiot. Do you not recall the horror and outrage at the school massacre? You really are about as stupid as a box of rocks.

I really hate when people make me agree with Setanta.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:12 pm
LOL

Ricky isnt the idiot...the idiots are the ones answering his ridiculous questions...he's probably enjoying every minute of it.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:45 pm
@giujohn,
Ouch!
Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 02:35 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I don't think it is the fact that one is more important or one is more tragic than the other -- it is the murder in France was a terrorist attack and an attack on the freedom of the press. The murder of the children was an attack by an insane person.

I think the walks and such are showing support of the fight against terrorism and the support of the freedom of the press/freedom of speach.

And there was alot of support for the children as well -- just shown differently.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 03:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Ouch!

Sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2015 06:41 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote: