I'm in love with someone far away and who doesn't know me. How can this work out?

Aris96

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:30 am
First things first, he makes YouTube videos. That's how I first noticed him. He is naturally funny which is a trait I really look for in people. At first I didn't feel anything different than I felt when watching other YouTuber's videos. But after a couple of weeks, during which I had seen per say 10-15 of his videos, something started changing inside me. Suddenly I am feeling this constant warmth towards this person. I literally have butterflies in my stomach every time I just think of him (for Christ's sake I also keep blushing like a ten year old). The thing is that I have never ever felt this way before, provided I dated one to two people in my life, (I'm 19) but that's it. Nothing more.
At the beginning I kept thinking to myself : "you're just fangirling. Don't think it's anything more than that." But weeks later I'm feeling this massive amount of new feelings that hit me like waves. And frankly this creeps me out. I strongly believe this is not an obsession since I dont act like the 10 year olds pleading for his follow on every social media website and because its been nearly 3-4 weeks and I just can't get him out of my thoughts. I sometimes think about how it would be to be with him, to have a walk with him. And then I land back to earth 'cause here lies the problem: he lives in the U.S. and I live in Europe and I strongly believe that he doesn't even know I exist. So how do I cope with all these feelings and moreover how do I get to talk to him? Thank you in advance.

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:40 am
@Aris96,
This is fangirling/crushing, whether you want to believe it or not.

Write a fan letter, if you like.

Do not expect it to be answered in a timely fashion, or at all.

Find other things to do with your time, and other people to meet and talk to. This kind of obsessive behavior can be a sign of avoidance behavior in your everyday life. E. g. it's easier to imagine a wonderful life with a stranger than to have to work at it with a very real person in your town.

Go out and meet people.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:42 pm
I feel the same about Brad Pitt.
djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:07 pm
i've been in a one sided long distance relationship with Australian actress Anna McGahan for about 3 years now, and things are great

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/da68454cad9e9e0c67a15112dd9cff87.wix_mp_srz_396_504_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_wix_mp_srz
0 Replies

psychictiff

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:58 pm
@Aris96,
You need to realize you aren't having true honest feelings for thi REAL person. You are only seeing what this person wants to project. It's not real! You're filling in all the gaps with fantasy! Rationalize this Away!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 09:54 am
@Aris96,
Quote:
and I live in Europe and I strongly believe that he doesn't even know I exist.
You only "strongly believe?" So, in your mind there is a possibility that he knows you exist? Someone you have never met, never emailed, never messaged, and you only strongly believe he doesn't know you exist?

I will put this to you as gently as I can. He DOES NOT know you exist. Now you can stop wasting time fantasizing about this guy like some 15 year old teeny bopper and grow up and get a life. It is one thing to have a crush on someone you don't know, but quite another to be obsessed with someone you don't know. You are obsessed.
0 Replies

iheartpuppies4

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 08:40 pm
@Aris96,
i sent you a pm Aris96...
0 Replies

Yuma

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 01:51 am
@Aris96,
I have got the same problem and it hurts because you tell yourself that you'll never meet irl a better person. So yep...in pain
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:25 am
It's not easy. I feel the same way about Setanta.
sugaisadangerousman

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:08 am
@PUNKEY,
aaaahhhhhhh but what if you dont even speak the same language? i love Xu Minghao from seventeen
0 Replies

sugaisadangerousman

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 03:11 am
@jespah,
aaaaaaaa we speak different languages though
jespah

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 10:06 am
@sugaisadangerousman,
Then you're even less likely to meet.

This is avoidance behavior. Go out and meet people in your town.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 11:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's not easy. I feel the same way about Setanta.

You as well?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 11:15 am
@centrox,
My name is Legion.
centrox

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
My name is Legion.

Funny, I didn't know you were foreign.
0 Replies