what are the reasons why england conquered many countries?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:21 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
You'd need to back that claim up with some facts, Izzy.

Facts have never stopped you jumping to conclusions. It's a fact that nobody on this thread has tried to glorify the British Empire, but that's not stopped a bigot like you jumping to conclusions because you've been taught to hate certain nationalities and races.

Builder wrote:
I've worked extensively with our indigenous bretheren in four states of this nation. Not theirs, of course.

Proof that you exploit the indigenous population, and you don't consider them citizens. By deliberately misspelling brethren you really are showing your contempt for the people whose land you've stolen.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
By deliberately misspelling brethren you really are showing your contempt for the people whose land you've stolen.

That's it?? That's all you've got?

Lordy lordy.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:29 am
You seemed to think that accusing me (falsely) of making a dozen typographical errors was some sort of knock-down argument--hypocrite.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:31 am
@Setanta,
No, that's called obfuscation, Setanta.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:34 am
@Builder,
You've got nothing, I've got proof you're a bigot and a racist.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You've got nothing, I've got proof you're a bigot and a racist.

So, what's holding you back, Izzy?

It can't be your innate decency, right?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 07:10 am
@Setanta,
The really surprising fact that emerges from our short (but sour) encounter, is that despite hanging on these pages of A2K for years and years, you've not yet managed to mature enough to handle even the most simple of situations that arise, to challenge your personal point of view.

Still dogpiling and attacking the poster, rather than assembling a rational and unconscionable semblance of understanding and mutual agreement.

Fascinating to the casual visitor like myself.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 09:40 am
@Builder,
Why don't you explain why you think you have a right to live in Australia, but the indigenous people don't. Why is it not their country, but it is yours?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 01:29 pm
@Builder,
I, however, am not surprised to learn that you're neither intelligent nor mature enough to see that you began the litany of personal attacks, for no other reason than that your preferred shibboleths were challenged. As for "dogpiling" [sic], it's hardly my fault if your rant is so idiotic that more than one member chooses to point that out to you. Everyone here is a casual visitor, Einstein. You have accused me of "applauding" the British empire, when i have not done that. You have attempted to characterize me as a supporter of the invasion of Iraq entirely without reason, and made some fling about paedophilia, also without reason. Then there was that loony charge that there were almost a dozen typographical errors in one small paragraph, when in fact on checking it again, i don't see a single one. You very quickly soared off into hysteria, apparently because your personal version of political rectitude was challenged--or rather, because you chose to interpret otherwise innocent observations in that light.

That is why i call you an idiot, and you richly deserve it, you great puling hypocrite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Homework cheat?
A2k has always considered itself a knowledge site and the owner founder meant it that way and, far as I perceive, still does. Early on, he especially meant it for language knowledge. I think he posted about homework questions at one point. I can't even paraphrase since I don't remember exactly, so that wouldn't be fair, but he didn't treat questioners as cheats.

Most of us prefer the questioner to have done some studying up before just supplying an answer, so that the question and answering can be something of a discussion, but plenty have just answered to be helpful. All people don't start out knowing how to research well.

I remember crying as a grown woman taking a grading and drainage class, sitting in the backyard with papers spread out on a table, trying my best to sanely answer something in the homework I just couldn't, couldn't, couldn't. Turned out that the teacher had worded the question incorrectly, given some wrong numbers, or similar. We forgave him, he was a nice man, we all goof, and long later he helped me once in a while on some construction questions, even after I was licensed, even having aced the boards.

This site is reasonably a place someone might ask such a question.

able2know.org/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:01 pm
@Builder,
Where do you get that anyone here applauds brutality/slavery?

You are extrapolating your assumptions (wrong, I say, from knowing these posters over years) into blundering accusations.

You seem to think that the world is full of my country right or wrong types and attack on that basis. Consider rethinking that, way too simple.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Builder thinks Setanta is a tubthumper for the glory days of the British Empire. That alone says everything about his relationship with reality.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually, it's a rather narrow minded and simplistic "method" to judge over what was done centuries ago with nowadays ideas, ethics, laws etc.

If you use this view on one aspect why not critic the bad navigation of the old seafarers? Or the ship designs?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Even recent history seems foreign, the pervasive casual racism of the 1970s seem outrageous today.
0 Replies

benloy25

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 11:58 pm
According to me their damp climate was the main reason for that . .
0 Replies