Got someone put in jail

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 11:07 pm
So I've gotten someone put in jail got human trafficking or pimping and pandering not sure of the charge in orange County California, there is a $250,000 bail bond.They want me to testify in court but I will not, I guess because I realized after they got their case or info that was needed from me their whole demeanor changed and I feel like I can't trust them especially since Nothing is benefiting me putting someone in jail which I have to live with .They pressured me in a corner and got me to say some things that weren't true and flipped them around. I also think they took advantage of the fact that I had warrants and just knew I'd cooperate. I don't know how long they'd be stuck there but I want to bail them out.. I need help on what to do to get them out ASAP.

somewhatsolved

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:38 am
@morglyan55,
No, dude its funny. You refuse to go to court, its that simple. No case without you and they go free. If your subpoenad go in the same day (not day of trial) and go to the defenants lawyers office. Tell them you want them to motion to remove your testimony state your former alugations and that it is unlawful for them to subpoena you because you have commited no crimes.
jespah

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:43 am
@somewhatsolved,
You have no idea what you're talking about. Not answering a subpoena puts someone in contempt of court in most states. See: http://litigation.findlaw.com/going-to-court/what-is-a-subpoena.html

To the original poster: you need a lawyer. NOW. This outside of scope for us to handle the matter here. Get to a lawyer. Yesterday.
somewhatsolved

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:51 am
@jespah,
Thats why he has to go in before the court to have the subpoena withdrawn. I have done this before when I was told that I HAD to testify against my own family. I will find the laws that state this and provide link. Also he should make sure he isn't already subpeonad.
0 Replies

somewhatsolved

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:59 am
@jespah,
I found these facts on your link

Quote:
A person who receives a subpoena should otherwise consult with an attorney, who may assist you if you need more time to gather t

Quote:
Can I Refuse to Produce Documents or Appear in Court? Circumstances that allow you to potentially avoid having to produce documents or appear in court may include claims that the information sought is "privileged", lost, or violates your Fifth Amendment constitutional right against self-incrimination, and that the requests are overbroad or unduly burdensome. An attorney or other legal representative can help you figure out if there are valid legal reasons to object to a subpoena's demand. - See more at: http://litigation.findlaw.com/going-to-court/what-is-a-subpoena.html#sthash.fLtnkj62.dpuf

I also want to state (yet again) no offense is meant by me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 09:12 am
@jespah,
I am with Jespah.

You need to get a lawyer --- right now! If you don't have a lawyer you could

1) Make things inadvertently worse for the other person
2) End up with legal consequences for yourself (including spending time in jail for contempt).

So please, go see a lawyer.
0 Replies