Should the OLYMPICS Happen in Boston?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 02:04 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
It would be difficult but not impossbile. The positive is therected would not be the student population during the summer.

Is there a need for a mass transit capacity upgrade? Doing anything would be super expensive but maybe it would make sense. I am assuming no, that the people would be moved mostly by closing roads to private vehicles and trucks, using them for bussing people.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 05:18 pm
The Olympics in Boston?
HELL, NO!

I got two words for ya:
Big Dig.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:59 pm
@George,
George wrote:

The Olympics in Boston?
HELL, NO!

I got two words for ya:
Big Dig.

This bears repeating because the recent Rio Olympics debacle and YES, as the other Olympics (1st world or otherwise) show, nothing good can happen with the games. The Los Angeles Olympics were a fluke in its profiting from the games.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 03:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
nothing good can happen with the games.

Do you really believe that?

I'll disagree with you if you do.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
, nothing good can happen with the games.

Not a West Ham fan then.

Quote:
Cheikhou Kouyate scored twice as West Ham marked the first match at their new home by beating NK Domzale to reach the Europa League play-off round.

Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, the Hammers drew level on aggregate when Kouyate scored the first goal at the former Olympic Stadium, now the London Stadium, in front of a 53,914 crowd.

Kouyate flicked home Sam Byram's cross before firing West Ham 3-2 ahead in the tie after Andy Carroll's knock down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36964415
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:55 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:
, nothing good can happen with the games.

Not a West Ham fan then.

Is West Ham honey baked or coming in a typical Cuban sammich? If not, then not likely.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I've a take on the varied stops in Europe where, early on, city games took place, don't get me going, were popular for a reason. I've researched a fair bit of that. I take it as a kind of air valve for a community or region, but I wasn't around, though I have read a lot.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 02:52 am
@ossobucotemp,
People see shots of derelict Olympic stadiums in Athens and assume it's the whole story, it's not. In London the facilities are all still being used including the housing for the athletes. This is a more in depth account.

http://home.bt.com/news/features/what-did-we-do-with-all-the-stuff-we-built-for-the-2012-olympics-11364077390761
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 02:53 am
@tsarstepan,
How about about sour grapes?
0 Replies