Relationship between hunger and odd symptoms??

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:43 pm
So recently, I've been feeling a bit different. I honestly dont know why I am going to ask this, I guess I just want an opinion (or opinions). So about 2 1/2 months ago, I started a norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol containing birth control to control my acne, and so far it has been kicking in. Its hard to call out symptoms with different experiences of mine because the line can get blurred between what I think I have precedently experienced compared to what I may (or may not) be experiencing presently!! (BASICALLY, sometimes I think I'm experiencing a symptom before a catalyst comes in and makes that symptom prominent, whether or not I was wrong and that catalyst produced that symptom, or that catalyst made that already-before-symptom prominent/noticeable). So on toward the important part, I will reiterate it again, I have started norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol birth control almost 3 months ago and have possibly related/un-related things happening. One of the symptoms I was experiencing was deep depression.Now, I am quite the perfectionist and am very self-critical when it comes to both myself and others. This causes me to be quite cynical sometimes. I have always been a bit of a downer, but as of late, its been very strong. I used to be very motivational and non-lackadaisical, however, I am finding myself becoming more and more lazy, more and more sad. I am looking to material things to ease this mood I am stuck in an deven those aren't helping. Normal me would never act like this!!! Another symptom has been with all around eating!! So this birth control has caused me to gain weight, which I'll accept as I am working to improve my weight and cut some of those lbs off. My diet isn't best, but it definitely is not the worst! Any who, last week I experienced something very scary. My normal routine consists of getting up, and eating breakfast; that is the first task to complete before starting my day. This particular day I had woken up late, and decided to rush time and hop in the shower. Mid-shower, I started experiencing deep hunger pangs, which was odd to me. You only get these kinds-of-pangs when you go half the day without food. I decided I'll try and expedite my shower and just cut to shampooing my hair. I started dry-heaving over absolutely nothing, like a cat spitting up a hair ball. As I am soaping my hair, I just get insanely nauseous, practically to the point of being delirious, and passing out. Following this nausea came an impulse to vomit and have diarhhea simultaneously. It was really scary. My limbs started feeling heavy to the point where I could no longer lift my arms past the fore-arm to wash my hair. I had to stop everything and get the hell out of there. I literally walked out of the high tub landing with my arms down to my side, with my legs moving laboriously in a zombie like fashion. I could barely move, I felt like I was paralysed, and all of this because of skipping breakfast!!! (I thought) I walked around the corner to my mother, and attempted to mutter the words, "I feel sick," to my mother which took about 3 times to say before she correctly heard me. I was paler than ever, like Edward Cullen pale in Twi-Light. She immediately rushed to get me a quick drink and a pack of saltines. At this times, the hunger pangs subsided, and I no longer felt the need to eat. In fact, I felt disgusted with the sight of food. Still to this day, I wonder how hunger pain came on that strong instantaneously. I was not even in the shower for more than 10 minutes. So I would like your opinions on that. Also, about an hour ago, I was getting hungry, but was taking care of business, and decided to finish the task at hand and then make something. This did not work in my favor. My temperature soon dropped crazily, and I went in to my mother so she could feel me and tell me is these shivers were for real or not. I felt like a morgue in a matter of seconds. I immediately began to make something to eat, and so far I warmed up a bit. The hunger is still there. My mother suggested I get checked for diabetes, she thinks I might be a diabetic. I highly doubt that is the cause because diabetics are prone to having HIGH BLOOD SUGAR, and I think I might be suffering from LOW blood sugar!! So what do you guys think? Do you think these symptoms are from the birth control or do you think these symptoms are unrelated?? The "sadness" has subsided, I really think I just caught a bad case of the winter-blues.

**I APOLOGIZE IF YOU HAVE TO SUFFER FOR ANY ERROS IN SPELLING AS I AM ON A TIME SCHEDULE AND DO NOT HAVE THE ENERGY TO LOGICALLY PROOF-READ THIS!**
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,589 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 11:56 pm
@082114,
Hypoglycemia is a fairly common occurrence with diabetes. I surely did not read all of that.

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 12:11 am
@roger,
Haha, I am sorry for the longevity of it. I tend to be guilty of being a bit too detailed with things! Thanks for your opinion.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 12:54 am
Listen to your mother. Go see a doctor and also get some lab work done.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 09:28 am
What time of the day are you taking these pills?
They may be too strong for you.
What is your height and weight?
0 Replies