Friends? but I want more but does he or not?

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:48 pm
OK here goes, so I met this guy after a night out a few months Ago. We slept with each other on a one night stand and I didn't think too much of it but we exchanged numbers and over the last couple of months became friends. We have gone out, I have spent time at his place at a house party (with his friends - so nothing happened)

He has given me lots of compliments like "you look hot" and a few times we have gone out, got drunk and we kissed, made out and hugged for ages. He has said lots of things that indicate that he "likes me". At the beginning before we became proper friends he was saying lots of things that showed he was interested. But not 100%.

As I have a fear of rejection, I have maybe not shown much of an indication that I like him as more than friends. He has, however recently talked about guys that he has dated and chatted to. But there is still a connection when I see him.

I don't want to lose a friend or make it awkward as I think he is a cool guy, but I can't stand the guessing games. I do fear rejection from people who I grow close to (ie friends) so how should I best approach this? By telling him my feelings, or trying to find out a bit more? Ask him is he chatting to other guys? Should I just try to move on so I don't get hurt?

This uncertainty is driving me insane! But I don't want to ruin a good friendship!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 09:30 am
Sorry - but you gave away all the cookies when you jumped in bed with him before even getting to know him.

It sounds like he's a player. Get yourself tested.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 10:04 pm
@Candyperfumeboy,
Quote:
He has, however recently talked about guys that he has dated and chatted to.(emphasis mine)

This is a typo, right? You might mean "girls" instead of "guys", otherwise it might be obvious why he wants to be "just" your friend.
0 Replies

Lexx Luxor

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 11:06 am
@Candyperfumeboy,
I don't see anything wrong with you and he having a one time thing so as long as you both just wanted some fun, but now you find yourself wanting more? Interesting. If I may, you may want to first find out whether you two are comparable before the start up of a beautiful thing together by first asking him what he wants. Does he want a relationship with another, or perhaps just someone for fun?

It would be the same for myself to be with another man for the first time. I too would have an emotional attachment to him, or love that would be hard to stop. Of course, I can't really speak for you because I don't really know your situation. I just hope for your sake that he doesn't come with his own emotional detachment. I wish you the very best of luck.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 02:43 pm
@Candyperfumeboy,
So who made the first move a few months ago, you or him?

I'd re-in-act that night and see what happens.

But before you do that have a think. Just because someone tells you, you look hot does not mean that they are the one for you. We tend to do that, you know? Man, he must like me.

I say this because you thought nothing at all of that "night" and became friends.

Which is going to be more important to you....
0 Replies

psychictiff

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2015 05:21 pm
@Candyperfumeboy,
Better to have regection than regret!!
0 Replies