Proof that the speed of light is a universal maximum, is impossible

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Unless you are going to present evidence to dispute, I am not going to answer to your child like statements anymore.
Thank you for your time.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 05:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Evidence to dispute WHAT............................? Oh yea, the structure of nothing
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:00 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If someone who has a question, please ask. I will answer to the best of my ability.
If you are like DNA and think that mass only exists at rest, please consult with someone before asking me a question.
Thank you.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:06 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Pete, you have no ability to answer questions on Einstein's photo-electric effect, or on dark matter and the search for the Higgs particle. The fact that you believe that you do, without having any education, is quite odd. Who do you believe is asking you about particle physics?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:29 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Let me see if I can talk to you in your level of intelligence.
Ok now this is going to be a back and forth conversation one statement or question at a time ok.
In a clear night, when you look up at the sky, do you see any other photons besides the ones that hit your eyes?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:44 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
What is the purpose of that question?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 06:53 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Would you like me to attempt to phrase that in a simpler manner?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 07:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Do you need a simpler question?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 07:27 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Ok well sorry to bother you Mr DNA I'll leave your discussion alone now. Good luck with your speed problem.
Have fun :-)
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 07:53 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
It's not a problem for me...........as I am not a particle physicist, like some may be.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 06:15 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

No Pete, but all mass is composed of atoms, if it does not have mass, then it is not an atom, but if it is an atom, it has mass. This is a third grade concept.

No a third grade concept would be atoms are made up of 3 particles, neutrons, protons and electrons. Since an atom has mass then the particles an atom is composed of which are not atoms must have mass. So clearly particles that are not atoms have mass.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 06:23 pm
@parados,
Quote:
No Pete, but all mass is composed of atoms, if it does not have mass, then it is not an atom, but if it is an atom, it has mass. This is a third grade concept.

Well lets break it down.

1. All mass is composed of atoms, this is true, as the parts of an atom are never found without the rest of the atom.

2. Since all atoms have mass, it is not an atom, if it has no mass. Correct again.

3. Same as #2 as all atoms have mass.

Next
parados

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:03 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
1. All mass is composed of atoms, this is true, as the parts of an atom are never found without the rest of the atom.

ROFLMAO.

Not only do we find the parts of atoms without the atoms. We even use them for many things.
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-03/petite-particle-accelerator-proton-gun-killing-tumors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulated_neutron_initiator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect

It seems all parts of atoms are found outside atoms.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:09 am
@parados,
So you have atom parts, not connected to an atom?

Please present........
parados

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:15 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Read the articles. You can make your own free electrons with nothing but a piece of metal and some sunshine.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:18 am
@parados,
And this has what to do with the speed of light, not being provable as the fastest thing?
parados

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:23 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
It has everything to do with your idiotic statement that atoms are the smallest particles with mass. Atoms are made up of 3 particles. All 3 particles can be found outside the atom. If those 3 particles have no mass then where does the mass of the atom come from?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 10:32 am
@parados,
pete is contemplating the mass of space, and something to something else connected to that, what this means, is anyone's guess. Again, all matter is made up of atoms, one could say that there are smaller particles than electrons, protons and neutrons as well, and there are, but this does not change the fact, that the Earth and stars are all made up of atoms.

Next
parados

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:58 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
pete is contemplating the mass of space, and something to something else connected to that, what this means, is anyone's guess. Again, all matter is made up of atoms, one could say that there are smaller particles than electrons, protons and neutrons as well,

You are an idiot. Atoms are made up of electrons, protons and neutrons. There are other particles than electrons, protons and neutrons but electrons, protons and neutrons are not made up of those particles. The Earth and stars are all made up of atoms and every single one of those atoms is made up of electrons, protons and neutrons.
0 Replies