Slow weight loss

H-H

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:53 am
For 4 months I have followed weight watchers and completed 4 gym classes a week (body step, body pump, body conditioning and body combat). In this time I have lost 1 stone which is positive but I still have a lot to lose (4 stone). I understand it's beneficial to lose weight slowly rather than drastically but this is just too slow and I feel like I'm losing motivation,. Should I be doing something different to increase the weight loss?

roger

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 04:03 am
@H-H,
I don't know of anything better than diet and exercise. I think everyone goes through this. You are on a plateau, and if you keep on as you are, there will come a time when it seems the weight is going away without effort.

Keep it up. You're doing fine. Anyway, you might well be losing inches around the waist even though the weight is stable. This is a very good thing to have going on.
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 08:33 am
@H-H,
Measure yourself once/week. Chest (if you're female, then both bust and band), bicep, waist, belly, hips (that's your butt) and thigh. You can keep track on a spreadsheet. I think you'll see the numbers improving even if the scale is making you crazy.
0 Replies

Jaheen100

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 03:08 am
1st of all don't deprive your body...give yourself a treat once a week something sweet like a Snickers, skip a meal don't eat breakfast or lunch but if you have to eat something try a slim fast with a cup of coffee, diet cola or water (slim fast and coffee gives me a burst of energy). At dinner time eat until you just start to feel full then push away from the table.
0 Replies

AnzhelaDvorkina

Fri 21 Apr, 2017 05:46 am
@H-H,
Be patient and remember that weight loss will happen as you adopt a healthy lifestyle and make good choices. You will be more likely to keep the weight off because you have made healthy, sustainable habits for life.
Slower weight loss is usually more sustainable than rapid weight loss, plus you're more likely to stay healthy losing weight slowly. Rapid weight loss can come with adverse health risks like fatigue, nausea and other stomach upset.
If you plan on maintaining your weight loss, it is much better to take it slow ~ think quality over quantity. It is possible to lose a lot of weight quickly by taking extreme measures, but that is not typically healthy or easy to sustain over any length of time. Also, it would be highly likely that a high percentage of the weight loss would not be from fat but from water and lean muscle.
0 Replies

John Torgerson

Fri 5 May, 2017 06:03 am
@H-H,
The most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches (carbs).
These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already,
insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body.
When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.
Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat
and unnecessary water weight
0 Replies

chirchri

Tue 23 May, 2017 08:27 pm
@H-H,
Bsically , losing weight at a rate of 2–3 kgs per month is good enough.
0 Replies