Posting pictures to my album without.........

mattw1

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 10:49 am
Is there a way to put pictures into my photos page without notifying all of my friends and the world that I am doing so or having it appear in the newsfeed or whatever else? I don't particularly like the "selfie" culture and I don't particularly like calling attention to myself but at the same time I would like to put pictures in my Facebook album so that they are there for my friends to view if they choose to. Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,151 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 12:47 pm
@mattw1,
Privacy settings and lists.

Make a list of friends who might be interested in the album. I assume this is a subset of your friends. Then share the album just to that list.
mattw1

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@jespah,
Thanks much but that is what I hear from everyone and is not the solution I am seeking. In my opinion it is a real failing of FB that you can't store info that friends would be interested in without having to say "hey, look at me!". Of course, that is a reflection of the self involved world we live in.

Thanks again though. I do appreciate your taking the time to answer.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 01:32 pm
@mattw1,
You don't have to notify people that the pix are there.
You just set up the album and control who can see it.
It's quite simple - the pix are there if people who are allowed to see them look for them - otherwise they only exist for you.
Groups are very easy to set up.
mattw1

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:52 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for your reply, and I hope I am not being obtuse, but the point is, I don't want to have to customize each album and specify certain people to see it. I want to post pictures in my photos "page" or "tab" or whatever and whoever wants to go to my page and look through my pictures can do that without my notifying the world that I just put a picture in my album. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do that.
0 Replies