Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:12 am
I propose that we look at the anti-evolution arguments realistically. I say we should discuss DD--dumbass design--versus evolution. For example, 90% or more of existent life forms were poisoned, killed off, during the great oxygenation event, roughly 1.8 billion years ago. Then there are things like the human appendix (it doesn't do you any good to have one, but if it becomes septic, it can kill you); or sexual reproduction.

If life on earth was designed, the designer was one ham-handed, major league dumbass.

FBM

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:25 am
@Setanta,
"This is the work of an office temp with a bad attitude." - Carlin
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:33 am
@Setanta,
Satan added the flaws just as he added the fossils; to fool us.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:55 am
The ways of the divine creator are a mystery we can never decipher. Why he gave a **** if chemicals would replicate and evolve, why he created foot odor or made animals to devour one another - It's all beyond our imagining. The only fact we cannot dispute is that he is intensely interested in a planet smaller than flyshit in the scheme of his grand universe.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:58 am
@rosborne979,
Here is a picture of the dreaded life-form that took the less odious dioxides of Carbon and Di-hydrogen monoxide an converted them to the deadly dioxide gas.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqynQtG-l0muG_ydof9rQeMZd0wEd_P1Y8bOvOhULXA3rWNwEN
from Hoyt Springs FM , near Lester Park, Saratoga Springs NY.

(Thee , of course, are Cambrian aged paleolyngbia, but are very very similr to the early Archean forms from Western Australia
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:27 am
@farmerman,
If youse gets a chance, find a copy of Taylors "A History of Life in 100 Fossils. Its a great text that can be used by researchers and kids, its one of those great books that summarizes key points in the ascendance of life on the planet by these 100 ancient living things,both plants, nd animals.
The importance and relevance of these fossils go waay beyond whether they are "Transitionals" or not but that they represent key steps in some way they exploit the environment or mark the period of time they were extant, or represent the pinnacle of their species.
Taylor and his colleague put together a really great , readable text that I wish Id thought of. ( We spend so much time trying to find good texts for introductory courses , because the advanced texts are often, mere "Word and equation salads " (as FBM calls some of our members habits). .
This is a good one. Id suggest finding it in a real bookstore because
1. it aint one Id want to download (too many fine fotos)

2. Amazon (and others) screw ya on price many times and then charge shipping unless you join their "Shipping club bullshit"

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:29 am
Sorry, I got all full of myself and my on-line buying habits. I promise I wont do that again.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:42 am
@farmerman,
Then there was that coupla hundred million year debacle with pterosaurs, a HUUUGE fuckin mistke from the plnning department.

Somebody in dsign said, "Lets extend this species last two fingers on each arm"
AND THEN SOMEBODY ELSE thought he meant "WINGS"
Led us all the way to Quetzocoatlus-now there was a great idea.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 11:59 am
@Setanta,
The Designer's system necessarily has some drawbacks 'cuz She can't do the impossible nor prevent the possible
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:15 pm
Gee!!!! Again, another thread!!!

**** off!!!
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 12:24 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
you first Einstein.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 01:55 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
**** off!!!
Wha Que, who, me
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:06 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
. . . Then there are things like the human appendix . . .
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-function-of-t/
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 02:54 pm
I thought this topic was about Dunkin' Donuts.

Imagine my disappointment.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 03:00 pm
Sorry, Jessalonika . . . here . . .

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/sites/qsrmagazine.com/files/dunkin-donuts.jpg
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 03:55 pm
@Setanta,
The human appendix is now known to be a storehouse of probiotic bacteria, to help with digestion, the spleen helps heal damaged hearts.

Next.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:41 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I thought this topic was about Dunkin' Donuts.

Imagine my disappointment.

My first thought was Dungeons & Dragons. Gotta admit, both options would've had their virtues.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:37 pm
http://i.imgur.com/odw5SyG.gif
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 10:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's Moe having a stroke I believe. He should be taking an aspirin a day
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:53 am
@FBM,
I'll bring the Dunks if you have the 12-sided die.