Cops Turn Their Backs On NYCity Mayor

Miller

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 02:00 pm
Cops turn their backs on NYCity Mayor after shooting death of two NYCity Police.
www.msnbc.com/msnbc/nypd-cops-turn-backs-nyc-mayor-de-blasio-shooting-death-police

djjd62

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 02:30 pm
good, he deserves all the derision that can be heaped upon him
engineer

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 03:12 pm
@Miller,
Easier to blame someone else than to look in the mirror and correct policing policies that alienate you from the public.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 03:43 pm
The mayor has not incited. He has tried to calm violence. The police have not even looked at themselves to see if they could possibly have a fault in attitude. When the cops can walk away after choking a man to death, it is time to reorganize both the cops and the institutions that support them.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 04:15 pm
@Miller,
This was a fluke killing and this guy just wanted to waste "victims de jour" - cops sitting in a car. He was nuts and a murderer before he even walked up to that cop car.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 09:27 pm
The Klingons had more style when they did it.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:51 am
@Butrflynet,
I think DeBlasio comes out looking pretty good. He has class.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:33 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

good, he deserves all the derision that can be heaped upon him

Are you confusing him with our previous mayor? Michael Bloomberg?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:37 pm
These cops have a point.

The purpose of the public is to serve the police. The public should realize and accept that. The idea that a politician (elected to by the police and in charge of the public) would ever choose the concerns of the public over the police is a little frustrating.

In this light, this behavior by the police is fully understandable.
giujohn

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...DeBlasio... He has class.

Yeah...it's just all low.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The purpose of the public is to serve the police. The public should realize and accept that. The idea that a politician (elected to by the police and in charge of the public) would ever choose the concerns of the public over the police is a little frustrating.

WHAT???

Either Im on drugs or you are...and Im sure it aint me.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The mayor has not incited

When the mayor of a city that employees almost 40000 police tells the public that he has warned his son to fear the police, and the problem with racist cops had gone on for decades, and says this after a criminal dies while resisting arrest and the officer involved is cleared by way of due process (meaning: END OF ******* STORY), if thats not inciting the public against the police, then yelling fire in a crowed theater is just checking a fire departments response time...you simpleton
maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:16 am
@giujohn,
Why is GluJohn inciting violence against Mayor DeBlassio?
giujohn

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 04:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Its sad when even by a HUGE stretch of a warped imagination your post falls so short...how embarrasing for you.

Try again.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 04:51 pm
@giujohn,
Try to look into that mirror. If the police are having trouble with the public its their own fault. Protecting cops that they know are breaking the law has been going on for more than 100 years. If it is finally catching up to them I think its way past time. I have known many policemen and most of them are good people but even the good cops protect the pricks because of the unstated law. Protect your "brother" no matter what. You are the poster boy for bad cops, if you are one, and even if your not you still qualify.
giujohn

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:41 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If the police are having trouble with the public its their own fault

Police only have trouble with those who believe that if they play the race card, they are above the law or they can get a better deal if they lie and make enough noise.

You havent a clue. Plenty of cops who broke the law have gone to jail. You can only generalize, parrot what you see on CNN and MSNBC, and watch way to many cop shows from your nice comfortable Lazyboy.

When you see a cop who shoots in self defense and is not charged or indicted but the citizen who shoots in self defense has to go through trial, in your limited understanding of the law you cry foul. Its called qualified immunity under color and authority of office.

Dont like the law? Vote for change , but keep the whining to yourself...its embarrassing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 08:12 pm
@giujohn,
Sorry Giujohn, that was a joke intended for other people. Just ignore it if you don't get it.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 07:57 am
Wait wait wait wait... hold your horses.

Read that many police officers from all the US traveled to the funeral of the two police officers who died sitting on their car by a dude who protested police abuses and declared to kill police officers as a "revenge". Was this action necessary?

I do honor those two police officers.

But, this is my disagreement: the show that authorities create when honoring the murdered police officers.

HERE IS MY STORY.

The same happened about two decades ago. Police officers who were cold blood killed.

Then, it came the day of their funeral. Here is where the show started.

Two fire trucks parked in front of the entrance of the cemetery. The trucks rose their telescopic ladders face to face and a huge American flag was hanging over there.

The trucks parked causing obstacle in the two way traffic avenue. Lots of police cars also closed the access to the avenue for more than 10 blocks both ways.

Then, a caravan of police vehicles started to enter the cemetery, passed by in front of the two coffins, and left.

Here is the problem: All the police vehicles were EMPTY, only the drivers were inside. so, police cars, police SUVs, police vans, police buses! (many of them), all of them without passengers.

The idea was to use all the possible police vehicles passing by in front of the coffins.

I was in an intersection where there was no exit to take a different road and use a different street to keep going to my work. So, the entire show lasted MORE THAN TWO HOURS.

I did curse the funeral.

Having using less vehicles, and filling them with police officers inside, the whole ceremony of vehicles passing by in front of the coffins should take about 30 minutes.

Besides of wasting fuel, wasting people taxes in such a show, surely the two police officers who died in the cold blood assassination never received any honor before but were ignored and poor paid by the police department.

As usual, some authorities take advantage of the misery of the survivors, by faking that they care for their police officers, and my point is to stop playing that game honoring so much the dead and start honoring the current alive police officers. For example, many of them need to be "trained" again.

jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:53 am
So hundreds of police officers turned their backs on NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio yesterday during the funeral for a murdered officer. Disgusting. It says all you need to know about the police mentality. Us versus them.

If you ever dare to criticize anything about police at all, you become the enemy. They get outraged when athletes wear protest t-shirts yet they do this at a funeral.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 03:04 pm
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
I was in an intersection where there was no exit to take a different road and use a different street to keep going to my work.

Oh woe is me...I was inconvenienced. Too bad...if you were too dumb enough to not to realize that a funeral of this nature would cause you to be late (and I'm sure it was publicised in adavnce) and therefore take a different route, you have noone to blame but yourself. Also, if you got there, you could have turned around and went a different way. You chose to stay there, so stop whining.
0 Replies