Asked a girl for her number, she laughed and smiled but she didnt give me her digits. Wtf?

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 09:42 am
So I was at a bar and the waitress/bartender who was serving me was really cute. at the end of the night I decided to approach her. Im shy but girls confuse me for a player (possibly because I know how to hide that awkward shyness very well). I asked for her name and how her job was going on this given night. I then asked for her number, she laughed hysterically and smiled. then she told me that she is very strict with dating customers because she ran into a couple nightmare guys but she pointed out that I probably wasn't one of those guys. she then told me that she'll probably see me around (as she has served me a couple times before) and smiled again. was asking for her number right away too much? or is she just not interested? btw I said It was nice meeting you while I began to walk away and she gave no response. Also I go there frequently so how can I shun her or gain points without coming off as a weirdo. im just super confused. help would be much appreciated lol. as you can see from this thread I am not good with girls.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 09:46 am
a swing and a miss. Babe Ruth was, in addition to the Home run King...the strikeout King. It's a numbers game. Keep swinging Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 09:46 am
@ElicitMonk,
She works in the service industry. Part of her job means being polite and nice with customers.

It doesn't mean she is interested in seeing customers on a social basis.

You want to either shun or gain points. That is playing games and isn't nice - in either way.

Be friendly. Be polite. Don't play games - and don't assume she will ever be interested in seeing you socially.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 03:26 pm
What part of the story did you miss? Would you have rathered she hooted you down?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 04:10 pm
Duuuuh -

Give her YOUR number. See if she rings you up.

But you need to give her time to get to know her. She probably gets hit on several times per night. You are just one in line. So make yourself special and ask her to go for coffee or someplace else besides a bar.

Don't be her "customer"

0 Replies