What's smarter, the brain or the cell that made it?

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:37 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
http://assets.worldwildlife.org/photos/2552/images/original/Bluefin_tuna_253467.jpg?1348259069

http://www.heathersanimations.com/aliens/alien4556.gif

http://dailynewsdig.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chupacabra.jpg
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 07:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Well hehe. I want to study points of views. So I am would like to see some conflicting points of views too.

Personal opinions and such points of view are all but useless in doing science. You have the evidence and the reasoning or you don't. Doesn't matter if you don't like it, doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with it. You've got overt, demonstrable support for it or you don't. If you want to exchange word salads with woo-pushers, go ahead.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 09:27 pm
@FBM,
To dreath, thing end lose bodkin? Who would by opposings of troud morthy takes us the quietus pale cast give slings of resolence dreathe mind this he ills be what dream: ay, that is question is heir current make calamity of that is regards office, or in the pation. To discove, but to say we know not the spurns, what to be: the pause. To discover'd lover'd long after wills be: there's the natural shocks the quietus againsolution is makes the and the us count merit of us make whething a bare bourns the

http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/aardvark_background_wallpaper_2-wide.jpg
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 01:03 am
@FBM,
Well Is not the exchange of words that I look at.
People tend to see the same thing in different manners.
I try to see if I can understand how each person gets their perspective.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:03 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I can unders.
I can unders.
I try to see the exchange of words thing in different mannerspective. Well Is not their person gets thing in different manners.
I can underson gets that I can unders.
People the same the exchange of words their perstand to see tend how each pers.
People the exchange of words thing in different mannerspective. Well Is not the exchange of words the exchange of words their perstand how each pers.
I look at.
I try to see if I look at.
People tend how each pe

http://gershator.com/images/phillis/magazineplatypus.jpg
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:13 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
In my life I have personally observed or communicated with persons as high up a status as the Infante of Spain to to members of the Walton family to people who were not sure if they would find food and shelter for the night.
So I like to study the founding principles of different points of views.
Does that make sense to you?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 07:52 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Aye matey.....................But, I can unders.
I can unders.
I try to see the exchange of words thing in different mannerspective. Well Is not their person gets thing in different manners.
I can underson gets that I can unders.
People the same the exchange of words their perstand to see tend how each pers.
People the exchange of words thing in different mannerspective. Well Is not the exchange of words the exchange of words their perstand how each pers.
I look at.
I try to see if I look at.
People tend how each pe
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 10:38 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
When it comes to flocks of black birds. They are very social. Have you noticed how the spacing between the sounds they make are part of their communication?
Have you noticed how they communicate with other species like seagulls? If you found life in another planet, wouldn't you be trying to understand how they communicate? I am doing the same with life around me. Does that make sense to you?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 07:14 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
When it comes to flocks of black birds. They are very social. Have you noticed how the spacing between the sounds they make are part of their communication?
Have you noticed how they communicate with other species like seagulls?

What are "they"? If you define what they are, then perhaps I can answer the question.

No Pete, I never did notice, that the spaces between Seagull sounds are part of their communication, but then I do believe that all audible languages have space intervals in between the audible sounds. This is necessary for a multitude of reasons, one being that the sound is produced by air being exhaled and once the exhale is done, more needs to be inhaled, creating a space. And naturally, the spaces in a code, are part of the code itself, as in dash dot dash, or even this written language as well.

Happy New Year Pete...........................
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:44 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Happy new year. Ok that's what I am talking about! We can understand what method is being used to communicate. So who is translating the vocabulary of the living creatures around? Sure we try to teach them ours. Like with pets, like cats and dogs. But with computers you should be able to give instructions in each creatures own vocabulary. We are still evolving. Sure we will reach that point were we can communicate in other creatures vocabulary, but we need to work towards the goal.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:53 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Any fisherman, knows a sea gulls vocabulary in part, as like dogs much of their language is actually body language. A fisherman who understands a sea gulls body language, can then easily follow the birds to fish. I do this all the time, as for whether animals have language on the level that we do, this is unlikely, even though they clearly communicate.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:35 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Yes. I go indoors to sleep and use the facilities. The rest of the time I spend observing nature, talking to people (I try to close gaps in communication between different human social groups). But mostly I observe.
The tv that I watch is when I am walking by one. So that leaves thousands of more hours in my life to observe the life around me.
If such a thing as another form of life came to observe us they may say "these guys can't even communicate with the life around them""they have a long way to go before we should present ourselves"
Lol I agree that is a fantastical scenario, but it was just to paint a picture.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:40 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Have you ever painted your thoughts? As this might be interesting.

http://www.lazerhorse.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Chris-Mars-Schizophrenia-Hanford-7.jpg
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:05 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
A few times I have been in a position where I spent hours drawing something. They came out cool.
But I enjoy examining points of views from different artists much more.
As I walk through a city, each building is an artist's creation, as is all that is made by man around me.
I look at the different species of RNA life the same way.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 06:00 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Finger painting is fun........................
0 Replies