Constipation

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 04:08 pm
A couple weeks ago, I was feeling constipated, so I took a couple stimulant laxatives. I went, and everything was fine. Except for I couldn't go after that. So about 3 days later I took another 2, and that didn't work. So the next day I took 3 with Epsom salts, and that cleared me right out. But then, I STILL couldn't go on my own. So I took a couple dulcolax a few days later, and that cleared me right up. But now, im experiencing abdominal pain and STILL CONSTIPATED. What do I do? I don't want to go to the doctor, so are there any other things I could do? ive begun to take fiber supplements and drink more water, but its not helping.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 5,124 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

neologist

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 04:21 pm
@darlapig,
'Normal' bowel habits vary from person to person and from time to time, so there may be nothing at all wrong. That being said, it may be wise to consult a professional. Does your community have a health hotline or other service where you can consult for free over the phone? At any rate, it's probably not wise to overdo laxatives.

And, this is not the best place to turn for help. We have a few physicians here. But the forum is a feeble office.
Butrflynet

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 06:30 pm
@darlapig,
If you've purged your bowels with laxatives, it takes several days for your intestines to fill again.

Check your medications, many, especially narcotic pain relievers, cause constipation. This is why a stool softener like Colace is often prescribed along with it. Colace is not a laxative.

Be sure you are drinking enough water, at least 6 glasses a day, especially if you are eating extra fiber. Without the water, you are creating hard bricks of fiber.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 07:16 pm
@neologist,
No, we have physicians here who are not interested in posting advice to the wide world, and are advised not to in the website terms of agreement. Those physicians are not feeble, neo.

neologist

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 08:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Not feeble physicians
Feeble office
Therefore bad place to diagnose or treat
DNA Thumbs drive

Thu 18 Dec, 2014 08:44 pm
@darlapig,
The best natural remedy, is eating oat meal..............This worked for me, until I found out that my problem was Celiac disease, or an allergy to Gluten.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:12 am
@neologist,
What does that mean?

you think any physicians who are a2kers who don't post diagnoses from a short read are feeble? I guess not, if I read you correctly.
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:39 am
@darlapig,
I used to have long-standing problems with this and initially responded the same way you did: laxatives. I didn't want to become dependent on them, though, and have seen some real horror stories about that.

Now I eat 1 regular-sized apple for breakfast every day, or 1/2 of one of those really large ones. Things have become more regular. It also helps that I started exercising more. Not sure which is the more helpful, but the combination works for me. Good luck, and please consider seeing a doctor if you don't get some relief in a reasonable amount of time.
0 Replies

innescapable

Tue 22 Nov, 2022 08:26 am
@darlapig,
Hi,

I find what works best for me is to soak muesli overnight (can also soak just rolled oats)

I used to get pretty bad constipation but I finally found that this helped me become fully regular again with no straining.

I can really recommend this, as I tried a lot of different things over the years and this has worked the best of anything I've tried.

All the best

David
tsarstepan

Tue 22 Nov, 2022 09:25 am
@innescapable,
innescapable wrote:

Hi,

I find what works best for me is to soak muesli overnight (can also soak just rolled oats)

I used to get pretty bad constipation but I finally found that this helped me become fully regular again with no straining.

I can really recommend this, as I tried a lot of different things over the years and this has worked the best of anything I've tried.

All the best

David

FYI:
You're replying to an (almost) 8 year old post from someone who never came back to this thread once they posted it.
0 Replies

DreamHunter

Sat 31 Dec, 2022 09:32 am
The soft fruits, I would say.

Banana, papaya, pineapple. I guess pear, apple, plum, prune could work too. Could try coconut juice too.
0 Replies

Grem456

Thu 2 Feb, 2023 12:08 pm
Got a new e-cigarette a couple of days ago. I'm kind of spoiled by the new stuff on the subject. But that's not the point. I haven't been able to go for a big one these past few days. Been eating everything as usual, I only attribute it to the fact that I started smoking new oils. Can you tell me if this can happen? Maybe I should see a doctor? Of course, now I have stopped smoking these oils. I didn't even think it could be. Or is it from something else? Maybe some kind of change in the body. Has anyone had this happen to them? The whole smoking thing scares me now. And what could happen afterwards, in 20 years, for example. In short, I have to give up this unhealthy habit. I wrote to this topic, because the problem today is exactly that. I would be glad to hear your advice.
0 Replies

BobBlack

Sun 12 Feb, 2023 05:20 pm
Hi all. Since I am a newcomer to the forum that did not create unnecessary topic because the problem is basically the same. I suffer from high blood pressure. And constantly take amlodipine which helps me to cope with pressure. But three days ago I had amlodipine overdose. I accidentally forgot that I had already taken the pill. So I took another one. I felt a little bit sick and dizzy, but it was gone in about 15 minutes. But the opportunity to go to big errands has remained impossible for the past couple of days. Could it be related to the overdose? It was nothing like that before. I ate the same thing all the time. Well, I haven't tried anything new or experimented with anything. Do you think I should see a doctor?
glitterbag

Sun 12 Feb, 2023 08:30 pm
@BobBlack,
You definitely should call your doctor, you may have lost some elements necessary for proper/normal behavior. Never guess about your blood pressure.
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 17 Feb, 2023 08:36 am
@BobBlack,
As is typical, I agree with Glitterbag. I’d schedule an appointment with your physician ASAP. It might not be anything major but you shouldn’t ignore or put off this issue. With taking and remembering medication, it’s easy to leave a reminder when you have taken them. Put a marker on them or put them in a different spot in your vanity or storage area. To remember to take them, put a pill reminder alarm on your phone or personal computer
0 Replies

BobBlack

Sat 11 Mar, 2023 03:47 pm
Thank you all for the advice, all is well. I am alive and well))
0 Replies