is time consciousness

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:23 pm
Is it time as conciousness to brains the enjoyer of action in location as animal life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,989 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:32 pm
@martinies,
Yes and no.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:35 pm
@martinies,
Doubtless Marty time is registered differently in different sorts of brains
For instance the housefly probly senses flight with a slow flapping of his wings

….but on the whole it's objective, else you couldn't have relativistic effects

But Con if you're around, could you clarify Marty's q
contrex

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
But Con if you're around, could you clarify Marty's q

He is posting nonsense. It means nothing.
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:43 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Yes and no thats a safe answer. Maybe though yes and no is more yes than no.
martinies

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 02:50 pm
@dalehileman,
Yes time might enjoy swotting its self as a fly by human. But if time is also love it wont do that unless its necessary.
fresco

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 05:12 pm
@martinies,
According to Heidegger's "Being and Time", probably, but with no reference to brains.
martinies

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 03:34 am
@fresco,
I think brains make it better though fresco.ha thanks I will google it sounds good.
fresco

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 04:05 am
@martinies,
Quote:
The existential and ontological constitution of the totality of Dasein (=conscious human) is grounded in temporality. Accordingly, a primordial mode of temporalizing of ecstatic temporality itself must make the ecstatic project of being in general possible. How is this mode of temporalizing of temporality to be interpreted? Is there a way leading from primordial time to the meaning of being? Does time itself reveal itself as the horizon of being?
Heidegger
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 04:30 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Yes and no thats a safe answer. Maybe though yes and no is more yes than no.

No, I'd go with the safe answer every time. It's what I reply when my wife comes out of the changing rooms wearing a god awful dress and says "Does my bum look big in this?"

If I said yes I would be in big trouble. If I said no then she would buy the god awful dress.

By saying yes and no, I can then have thinking time to qualify that by coming up with something like "you have a gorgeous figure, Mildred, but the awful way that the dress has been tailored makes your rear end look disproportionately massive."

I may receive a playful cuff with a fully loaded handbag, but at least I wouldn't have to sleep outside with the dog for a week, as usually happens.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 04:31 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Quote:
The existential and ontological constitution of the totality of Dasein (=conscious human) is grounded in temporality. Accordingly, a primordial mode of temporalizing of ecstatic temporality itself must make the ecstatic project of being in general possible. How is this mode of temporalizing of temporality to be interpreted? Is there a way leading from primordial time to the meaning of being? Does time itself reveal itself as the horizon of being?
Heidegger

I've found Heidegger to be very useful in philosophical conversations. Mainly by ending them. Wink
fresco

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 09:19 am
@FBM,
True ! Smile
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 10:28 am
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 12:30 pm
@martinies,
Quote:
Yes time might enjoy swotting its self as a fly by human
Sorry Marty if I wasn't quite clear. What I meant was, the fly wouldn't experience his wings as buzzing, but as a much slower flapping
martinies

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:29 pm
@dalehileman,
Yes I reckon thats the case. The two brains both fly and man are experiencing the exact same event in ttime in different time perspectives to one another. How does this figure in time being consciousness.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:52 pm
@martinies,
Thanks Marty but

Quote:
How does this figure in time being consciousness.

Probably doesnt. You must come to realize that your Average Clod (me) won't even vaguely understand what's meant by that
martinies

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:37 pm
@dalehileman,
Ok dale just done quick read on it.fly time that is.ha. The fly and human time is the exact same as it would have to be for consciousness to be time. The flys brain just works quiker so giving slow motion effect to movment in the event. So time as consciousness is still goer. Dont forget time exists in your brain. It could be seen as the relativity in the event thats happening in your brain.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 05:01 pm
@martinies,
Okay Marty but then you don't see time as objective. Yet relativistic effects suggest it's very real
martinies

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 04:31 am
@dalehileman,
Thats time as in the local perspective of it dale. Nondirectional nonlocal time is the relativity in all events that ever happened in it. So time is objective as in the cause of the effect seen as spooky action at a distance. Thats the exact same nonlocal time that is all the relativity there has ever been in the universe from the big bang.
contrex

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 04:49 am
martinies, you are just writing nonsense. Why?