Facebook does not recognize my email address - can't log in...

Rdhceo

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:18 pm
I have 3 Facebook pages - all with different email addresses. 2 of these are business pages, the one I cannot access I have promised future clients as to the building of this page. Funny thing - I can log in to my other 2 Facebook accounts and find the page in question - but cannot log in. When I attempt to log in to this page - Facebook displays that my email address is not recognized. I can log in to my email account (gmail) but not Facebook. This is a business oriented site - money is involved - promises made. Might contact an attorney if this does not get resolved. Any helpful hints appreciated...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 32,114 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed

Rdhceo

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:57 pm
@Rdhceo,
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

This is my page - it's there - but facebook won't let me in...
jespah

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:11 pm
@Rdhceo,
That looks like a private page and not a business page. Are you sure the log in isn't different?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:30 pm
Try typing the correct email used to create the account and be sure to spell it right.

It ain't magic. It's user error.
Rdhceo

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:40 pm
@McGentrix,
Didn't know I couldn't paste the link - sorry. As stated - my other sites - I can log in with the email address I used to initiate the site. Tried many, many times to log back into my account - and no luck. I have a sneaky suspicion that because my email address itself has .com - followed by @gmail.com - they are negating it. It IS my valid address and can be accessed and logged into. This is the first time that I created an email address with the .com embedded in the address itself. Have a feeling this can't be fixed by myself without Facebook intervention...
jespah

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:42 pm
@Rdhceo,
I think you may be right. I suspect the email addy is one thing that is giving Facebook a signal (for right or wrong, I might add) that you're a spammer. Note: I'm not saying that you are, but you may be tripping something in their algorithm.
Rdhceo

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:03 pm
@jespah,
Funny too - when I created the address - I wasn't sure if gmail would allow it - yet it flew when I initiated it. Guess I could sign up without the .com for another email address and build my Facebook over again :-(. Wanted to avoid that - oh well - like my friend always says - computers - the fastest way to lose information.
jespah

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 05:22 am
@Rdhceo,
You only had I think 2 likes, so now's the time to do that.

As for what Gmail allows versus what Facebook allows, well, those are unrelated entities.
0 Replies

mgeg76

Wed 4 Feb, 2015 10:48 pm
This is for those that have a problem with "email account not recognised" in Facebook.

There is an answer to this I discovered today.

Step 1: When you cannot login to your account, get a friend or use another account to login.

Step 2: Conduct a search for your lost account name while logged in to this other account, you should find your lost account sitting happily in Facebook. Your account should be visible in the list.

Step 3: Once you have the lost account that you can't get into click and try to access the accounts main page (i.e it should bring up - add as friend). Have a look in the url at the top of the browser and you should see a fbid 10004848 etc... This is your lost accounts Facebook id - each accounts fbid is unique. If it is not in the url, try using firebug or developer tools in Chrome to assist in identifying the Facebook id of your account - someone with some tech skills should be able to assist with this if you are not tech savvy. Once you have identified the Facebook id of your lost account move on to step 4.

Step 4: Important: Copy your Facebook id of the lost account and then logout of the account you are using.

Step 5: Go to the Facebook login page and then use the lost accounts fbid instead of your original username or email in the username/email field. Type in your password for your account. Voila! you are into your account....

Cheers

mgeg76
tcbonehead

Sun 8 Feb, 2015 03:42 pm
@mgeg76,
mgeg76 YOU ARE MY HERO! I have been trying for days to figure this out, and of course FB has no customer service - who knew? Thank You, Thank You. Obviously by my message you can see this worked. THANKS !!!
0 Replies

MI 80

Sun 15 Feb, 2015 11:16 pm
@mgeg76,
Hi , I'm having same problem, I'm trying to follow ur steps but Idk what the i.e means in this part ,
(i.e it should bring up - add as friend).

I done a search and found my account ,then went to my profile but I didn't see any Id Numbers in the url.
Does it matter if I'm trying this on cell phone or does it need to be a computer?

0 Replies

Donnspankybae

Sat 10 Sep, 2016 04:18 am
@mgeg76,
Please I have the same problem, I followed your steps and my accounts showed, but the problem now is, it was a phone number I used for the accounts, and there is no option with phone numbers. Only emails. Kindly help, if you have any way out. Thanks.
0 Replies

lkleyrer

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 11:16 am
@mgeg76,
Sorry. Tried that too. SEVERAL times. Drives me crazy that I can't just get through to a service line at FB to see what's wrong.
0 Replies

Lakehanger

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
@mgeg76,
Well what about a facebook account that someone has changed the password and telephone number but not the username on the account? once he got into my facebook he also changed the info on my yahoo mail and messenger and is sending bogus msgs out to my contacts. Help!
0 Replies

itstrisha

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:49 am
@Rdhceo,
Either you entering incorrect email or your profile is being removed from facebook. Contact FB Help center for the same.
0 Replies