why am I not seeing results

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 01:35 am
I have been trying to get abs, like... Not ripped, but just a sign that I work out. I do 200 sit ups in a row, rest, 200 crunches, rest , 200 sit ups, rest, etc untiluntil I reach 1,000. I've been doing this every day religiously for over two years and I'm still not seeing any results. I eat healthy, I'm vegetarian, I go to the gym 4 times a week, yet I'm stick at 130 pounds and somehow now gaining. I'm 5'0", female, and I'm 25.what the hell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,172 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
@MagicHats,
Your healthy eating might not be as healthy as you think (vegetarian diets can still be high in calories). Check SparkPeople (I don't work for them) and just start punching in numbers. Be honest about your portions.

As for the remainder of it, are you seeing inch results? You might be gaining muscle, which is denser, so it's entirely possible that your stomach is flatter, etc. but you weigh more.

And you can also see a doctor and ask to be checked for hypothyroidism.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:17 am
@MagicHats,
You can't just go by height and weight. You must also consider your frame size. For instance, at 5 feet tall, 130 lbs is in the right range for a large frame.
0 Replies

victorcarjan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:14 pm
@MagicHats,
Two major things.

BFI--Body Fat Index percentage. For your sake, you don't need a device to know the percentage. You want a sign of abs. So, all you have to do, is stand up flex your stomach and pinch as much flesh as you can on your abdominal area. If you are able to grab a certain amount, you must realize that the layer of fat is concealing the abdominal muscles from showing. Your abs are getting stronger, but you can't see them. In which case, the moment you start losing fat from cardio exercise, is the moments when you will start seeing definition.

The second thing is. Don't bother worrying about the numbers of crunches or situps, they mean nothing. To grow muscle, you have to strain them to their limits and break them down. You're better off increasing the intensity of your abdominal regime and doing less numbers. Try to lay on your back, lift your legs 6 inches off the ground and hold until your abs burn, then immediately try doing bicycle thrusts where you bring your left leg up to your chest while moving your right elbow towards your left raised knee. (Have your hands behind your head)

If you can let go of numbers and go for only your body's feelings, you will be doing much more proficient work towards your progress. Yet again, if you have a layer of fat covering your abdominal muscles, you won't ever get to see the definition but you will be able to feel the strength in your day to day life that requires usage of the abdominal muscles, which includes the lower back when you lift things.

As far as diet, as long as you are burning more that you put in, you are going to lose weight, it's as simple as that whether you're vegetarian or not.
0 Replies

MagicHats

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 04:09 pm
Thank you for answering! That last post really helps a lot, Thank you.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 06:35 pm
Yep. You don't get a 6-pack by doing situps, crunches, etc. You get it by removing the fat that's covering the abs. Not many people can live year-round with such a low bodyfat. Most professional bodybuilders (with a few exceptions) only get that ripped just before a contest. Robby Robinson is an exception.
0 Replies