Abdominal aortic aneurysm?

bsskrzj

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:49 pm

I am a 16 yr old girl with a bmi of 22.3 and I sporadically feel a very strong pulse right above my belly button. The pulse can constantly be felt but sometimes is so prominent that it can be seen beating through my clothing. I also often feel fatigued and have very high cholesterol. As well as that I sporadically have very sharp pains on the side of my abdomen. I m not fuly aware of my family s medical history but my dad has high blood pressure, and my uncle has suffered from multiple heart attacks. I know that it is highly unlikely for me to have an aaa but could I have it? Should I get an abdominal ultrasound or is this all in my head?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,247 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:54 pm
@bsskrzj,
Have you told this to your doctor?

If not, you should.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:58 pm
Please listen to ehBeth and see a doctor about this. I don't think looking online for a diagnosis is the safest bet.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:30 pm
@bsskrzj,
You should talk with your parents and or your family doctor's office and let them know these symptoms and ask what they want you to do.
0 Replies