Same birthday, different year, SAME FAMILY Probability

Kpage

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:42 pm
My sister in law had al her 4 children the the 27th of a month. Different month and year but same date. Each are few years apart. What is the record or probability fir that? Any insight
0 Replies

archangel9999

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:25 am
@Abear,
Probability of someone else sharing your particular birthday (month/day) is 366 - of two others sharing it it's 366*366 - and so on - then divide by the population size of your family - note that this is not the same math as the birthday paradox which just seeks to compute the probability that at least two people in a given population share any birthday - you're seeking the probability of matching a particular day - if you just want to know the odds of any two people in your family sharing any birthday, then use the birthday paradox formula - the odds of it are 90% at only 40 people and ramp up asymptotically as population size increases (99% at 60 people)
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 06:13 am
@Abear,
Was time in the womb identical too? Just because 4 people have the same birthday, doesn't mean they all spent the same number of days in the womb like.

Behaviour of people doesn't usually change, so that people conceived around the same time each year isn't all that unusual. And with induced births now, they coulda deliberately caused labor on the same day for some odd sense of parity or the like.

Problem with probability is given enough chances, even the most absurdly unlikely events will happen. As they say, any event without a zero percent chance of occuring has a 100% chance of occuring given unlimited time.
0 Replies

duggy

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 08:46 pm
@Abear,
I am born on the same day as my sister who died a after 3 months 1958, I so wish I she had lived! I was born in 1959.
0 Replies

Abbe

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 08:12 am
@Abear,
I have a my dads cousins wife, my cousins son born on the same day and also my husbands cousins daughter delivers twins on the same day there cousin was born and the same year. That's three second cousins on the same day and year and one more second cousin with the same day. Also my husband and his cousin( the one who's daughter had the twins) also have the same birthday together. Just not the same as the other five.
0 Replies

Jpaullis

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 03:23 pm
I share the same birthday with my older brother was a year older than me and my younger sister who is 12 years younger than me December 8 brother was born in 1966 I was born in 1965 my sister was born in 1977
0 Replies

Bhusan

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:43 am
Hi,

My sister and me are twin and My son was born on the same date and day after many years(30)
0 Replies

toddhicks209

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 03:59 am
@LUSK04,
I don't know if there is a name for family members or relatives born on the same day but in different years but I will point out that my grandma and I were born on June 4.
0 Replies

pcswonder

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 04:36 pm
I have a circumstance whereby my boyfriend's Father and my Father were born on the same day (May 8, 1930) and his Mother and my Mother were born on the same day, 2 years apart (August 28, 1930 & 1932). I was just wondering how rare this might be, but cannot find anything on the internet.
0 Replies

Lillabelle

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 08:56 am
@fbaezer,
That may have the same biological father? My son has 2 girls, 4 years apart, different mothers. Born January 6th 2003 and January 6th 2007. They was both conceived on April 4th 2002 & April 4th 2006. My sons Own birthday. His 21 and 25th birthday.
0 Replies

Lillabelle

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 08:58 am
@mrflashpot,
Is your birthday on June 8th?
0 Replies

Heavenrose41

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:02 pm
@Abear,
Hi me and my sister are born on april the 7 4 years apart iam the youngest out of 7 children by the same mom and day she is right befor me then we have another sister and them two are just barley a year apart ,my sister and i are both born on april the seventh i was born in 76 and i think she was in 72 if u have any more questions u can email me at [email protected] by the way my name is rosie leslie thank u.
0 Replies

Paigiee

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 03:29 pm
My brother (blood relation) was born 2 years after me (im female) on the same day and month.. what are the odds
0 Replies

Bggirl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:36 am
@Abear,
This is interesting. I have three cosins and an aunt born on April 30 of different years. Two of them are brothers even. I also have a brother and a cousin born on January 17, 10 years apart. I have another brother and cousin and my cousins daughter all born on May 17 of different years. And both my grandpa's were born on Christmas of different years. There are quite a few birthdays in my family were the birthdays are close to eachother, like my brothers birthday on January 17 and then on the 18 is my cousins birthday.
0 Replies

Mrs Ratliff

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2017 06:44 pm
I'm wondering the same. I have twin girls and they both have a daughter - born on the same day, within one hour but twelve years apart.
0 Replies

Ajaa

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 08:48 am
Wow..so amazing. Bcaz my son &daughter slso same date of birth February 6 within one hour different.Me February 5,My mother February 4.
Son. _6/2/2013.
Daughter_6/2/2017.
0 Replies

NMA

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 03:48 am
I have nine members of my immediate family who have the same birthday as another member of my immediate family:

My wife's is the same as my grandmother's.
Brother's is same as grandfather (mother's side).
Brother's wife is same as my mother and sister in-law (my wife's sister)
Brother's daughter same as grandfather (father's side)

So relations to me include..

Wife
Mother
Brother
Niece
Sister in-law
Sister-in-law
Grandfather
Grandfather
Grandmother

Could this be a record?
0 Replies

kevinholmes

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 12:27 pm
@Abear,
i have cousins from my dads sisters that had a kid on the same day same year. one 8 years after i was born had twins on my birthday.
0 Replies

Lanna429

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 09:37 am
@Abear,
My grandmother, mother, myself, my granddaughter, and my uncle were all born April 29th and my mothers father died April 29.
0 Replies

Agent Smith

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 04:02 am
@fachatta,
Cool

Danke o wise one!

I suggest you investigate this matter - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem - more deeply (remember though that you have only 60 minutes of air in yer tanks). Are ye a mathematician by profession? Perhaps just a hobbyist?
0 Replies