Same birthday, different year, SAME FAMILY Probability

1979April

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:47 am
@LUSK04,
I think that is very interesting I had my daughter on my 19th birthday and then 2 years later on my 21st birthday I had my son. What are the odds of that happening, but to make it even more freakier I myself was born on my aunts 11th birtday. Is there some kind of record for that?
0 Replies

pamaganga

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 12:18 am
My name is Paul Andrew Maganga I work with the Central Bank in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. I was born on 21st August 1961. My first son Andrew Paul Maganga who is a form four student at Tusiime Secondary School in Dar Es Salaam was born (naturally without operation or prearanged date) on 21st August 1994 at Aghakhan hospital in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania . It was my birthday but I did not remember that day was my birthday as in my family by then when you are grown up we were not doing party on birthdays. On that day my wife was ok in the morning but in the afternoon she was feeling some sort of pain so we went to the hospital where she gave birth ( Andrew was born) at 9 pm.
I noticed the date when we were given the birth certificate when it struck me that we have the same birthday with my son.
0 Replies

MrsFish

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 10:41 am
@Abear,
I share my birthday with my two half sisters & their Mum! Like you our birthday is Feb 26. Happy birthday!!!
0 Replies

Ujju 123

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2013 06:13 pm
Hi! I have two girls born on the same date and time but 6 years apart !29 aug
0 Replies

Kingfish2013

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 01:49 am
@Abear,
What are the Odds of my daughter being born on my 30th birthday - 07-17-87
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:20 am
I have a cousin and my husband´s niece were both born February 29th - different years.
0 Replies

vicky110

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:55 am
Can any expert solve these questions???

System A uses 4-digit personal secret numbers (i.e., 0000–9999), and on each login attempt it randomly chooses two of the numbers and asks the user to cite them.

(a) Suppose the attacker has not made any observations yet, and tries to log into Alice’s account by guessing the two digits requested. What is the probability that his guess of the two digits is correct?
(b) Suppose the attacker has made one observation of the credentials
Alice used to successfully log into her account, and now he tries
to log in by himself and is faced with a fresh request of two digits. Assume that he enters the requested digit if he knows it, and otherwise makes a random guess. What is the probability that he can enter them correctly?

(c) Suppose Bob has made two observations of the correct credentials.
What is the probability that he now knows all four digits of Alice’s
PIN?
0 Replies

Jintym35

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 01:09 pm
My son was born on 10th February 1986 @ 2.57pm then on 10th February 2012, exactly 26 years later, his own baby daughter was born @ 2.56pm probably only seconds apart. Also my daughter was born on 9/9/93 weighing 9lbs 3 ounces, another strange coincidence or what?
0 Replies

Laroi

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 09:36 pm
@Abear,
Feb 26 hey that my bday as well ....:-) 2/26/66
0 Replies

milkIway

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:01 pm
we are 6 children in the family and we only have 2 birthdays in a year

3 was born Dec 19
3 was born April 23, 24 and 29
markr

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:41 pm
@milkIway,
Looks like it adds up to four birthdays.
0 Replies

knockyogesh

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 04:11 am
@Abear,
My all family members share same date ...
25th April - Its my birthday
25th August - Its my brother
25th June - Its my mom

26th January - My father (it's Republic day in india)
0 Replies

Shellbell86

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:27 am
@Abear,
OMG! I was just this second talking to my sister about this so thought we would google to see what we come up and seen your msg so to speak. We have 4 birthdays on the same day also, it startee with my Auntie being born on may 15, then My older cousin 20 something years later, I then came along 2 years later and then app 14yrs later my cousin had a baby-all may 15th! We find it very odd and wondered what the chances would be? I'm definatly going to b looking more into this, Its quite amazing Smile x
0 Replies

Beeba

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 02:41 pm
My son's were born July 18th .. one in 1983 and the other 1987
The doctor at the time I had my youngest said when siblings share a birth date different years they have a twin name for it and I can't remember what it's called
0 Replies

Emagana

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 05:55 pm
My sisters son and his mom which is my sister and my dad and his mom all share the same birthday! So that is 4 generations of the same family tree continuously l. Beat those odds.... And I have to wait atleast 15 more years to see if my nefew has childen that will follow the same birthday and if so I bet we will be in the billions for odds... Ha
0 Replies

Momredd

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 06:49 am
@Abear,
Hello I would like to comment on your posting my daughter her father and me her mother have the same brith date . The father and I are both biological parents . Are brith days are coming up and wanted to add
0 Replies

haz2015

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 08:19 pm
@Abear,
Weirdly me, my sister and my cousin all share a birthday, with my sister being exactly 5 years apart. Thought the strangest thing that it was the first ever instance of me google this, with this thread the being the second result, but all our birthdays are on the 26th of February as well. What are the chances.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 03:39 am
@Abear,
Hi Abear,
It's amazing, same date birthday, but different year within same family. Smile
0 Replies

BillyK1

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:24 am
@Abear,
Today June 24th is my birthday. I was born on my brother's 10th birthday, he was born in 1938 and I in 1948. He served in the Army and I in the Air Force. Our birthdays added a special bond between us, we enjoyed calling each other wishing a happy birthday. After the Army he moved to Arizona and after the Air Force I remained in Pennsylvania. I had visited him in Sedona in October 2012, and he had called me every Tuesday since. He passed on September 1, 2014, now the birthday has lost some value for me, but has left behind some good memories. Our parents had birthdays in September, they were poor and probably shared together a gift of love. Nine months later, well, you do the math! Now I wonder, what special meaning will September 1st have in store for me ...
jespah

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 10:37 am
@BillyK1,
I hope you have a happy birthday. Welcome to A2K!

PS Sept 1 is almost my own birthday. A card would be lovely Wink
0 Replies