Rayg

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:09 am
Have just lost my last six games to the anagrammers. They had a total of over 10000 bingos between them ! Now I'm no slouch when it comes to Scrabble, with a ranking of over 70, but at least I managed to achieve this playing honestly. Having just read your forum topic about whether Scrabble increases your vocabulary, I have my doubts. Call me old fashioned, but I still like to know the meanings of the words I use.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,162 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:19 am
@Rayg,
So use an anagram site, and then type definition (whatever the word is) into Google and you'll get the definition. And you'll actually increase your vocabulary, which is kinda the point of Scrabble.

BTW, this isn't cheating. Plenty of people shuffle the tiles and try them, to see if they get a word that works. This goes back to the days of wooden tiles.

Oh, and 10,000 bingos? There aren't even 1,000 plays in any game of Scrabble. It's impossible; there aren't 1,000 tiles. Maybe tone down the hyperbole next time.
0 Replies