Please Help - Question about Science Fair Board

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 01:50 pm
How much information should be listed on the Results portion of my Science Fair Board
I'm worried the amount of information being presented in the Results and Research sections of my board. I don't want to bore people. I grew plants and documented the number of sprouts height and overall appearance of the plants every 3rd day for 18 days until the plants died. Would it be better to put the overall %'s of seeds germinated and average height of plants or include what was seen and recorded each day
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 453 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 02:48 pm
@ScienceGirl15,
Include an executive summary that captures the key results, then add the detailed results under that. Everyone will read the summary and people interested in the details will read further.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 04:33 pm
@ScienceGirl15,
If this is a competitive SCience Fair and its being judged by scientists nd engineers, you should present s much data as you need to make your case, and you should hve just about everything you did in a lb notebook so that your results can be followed .
Id have the charts graphs etc that measure as much as you see fit to make a convinv=cing case.
If it competitive, you will be questioned by the judges and they will poke at your weak spots if they don't see what they nee.
In a science fair project more is often the best because, if you win nd move on to nationals your judge interviews will help you reassemble your work into a more professional presentation.

PS, what is your ovrall hypothesis?
0 Replies