the presents of a photon in time and space.

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 04:16 am
Yes is the presents of a photon in time and space in terms of event involvment in timespace different to the presents of matter in time and space and gravity in terms of event involvment in timespace. Is a photon 100% physical or dose it the photon take on as with gravity a part of being the timespace fabric.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 753 • Replies: 10
No top replies

FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 04:40 am
@martinies,
To the best of my knowledge, photons have no mass, so their presence differs from that of massive objects (matter). Photons are indirectly affected by gravity only because gravity bends the space through which they travel. Photons are similar to sound waves in that their numbers aren't conserved.
Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 05:42 am
What kind of presents do photons give? Expensive presents, joke presents, thoughtful presents?
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 05:46 am
@Setanta,
No need to be so particular. Just wave at the giver, eh?
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 05:47 am
@FBM,
Given the fact then that energy has no substance in the form of being a photon ,there then cannot exist the same relationship to time and space as mass does to time and space So energy emited as a photon must go into a new existance in relation to the fabric of timespace it occurs in. In other words the photon takes on a more gravity like nature to timespace fabric.
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 05:57 am
@martinies,
Quote:
Given the fact then that energy has no substance in the form of being a photon

Do you mean "no mass"?

Quote:
there then cannot exist the same relationship to time and space as mass does to time and space

Yes, that's what I said.

Quote:
So energy emited as a photon must go into a new existance in relation to the fabric of timespace it occurs in.

That's a pretty flamboyant way of expressing it, but if I understand you correctly, yes, energy manifests itself differently from matter.

Quote:
In other words the photon takes on a more gravity like nature to timespace fabric.

This is where you lost me. Or, one of the places. How do massless photons "take on" more gravity "like nature to timespace fabric"? This seems to be a meaningless jumble of words. I'm guessing that English is not your native tongue, and I would never criticize anyone for that, but I request that you please explain your intended message in clearer detail.
martinies

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 06:32 am
@FBM,
Thanks fbm for that conformation. What I ment about gravity is that it seems to be a balance between mass and timespace. Gravity is time space trying to neutralises mass in timespace.So the photon seems to find this same new balance with spacetime on becoming a photon which is the c limit.
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 06:43 am
@martinies,
I'm going to be perfectly honest here and admit that I can't figure out exactly what you just said. For example, is "timespace" the same as "spacetime"? Consistency in terminology would help us communicate. I don't know what your native language is, but I can only speak/write in a few, and only but a couple of them are very popular.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 08:15 am
I love the 'presents' pun - it's up there with 'some day my prints will come.'
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 08:38 am
@Setanta,
Ok setanta or should that be santa. Crimbo joke ho ho. Sorry santa ho ho ho.
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 07:39 pm
@martinies,
I hope this helps you understand photons:

0 Replies