HIV

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:41 pm
How reliable is an HIV rapid test at 64 days post oral sex exposure? (i was sucked). I know the risk is minimal, but i'd still like to know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 673 • Replies: 4
No top replies

FloridaMouse

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 10:03 pm
@Elliuqahs951120,
Keep up with that behavior and you'll be on here asking questions about HIV/AIDS medication side effects and T cell counts. Seriously, man. The risk is not minimal, as you put it. The risk is real, the result is forever.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 10:11 pm
@FloridaMouse,
That is a useless response FloridaMouse. A risk can be both real and minimal, and the poster already understands this.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 10:18 pm
@Elliuqahs951120,
A quick google search implies that there are rapid tests available that are very reliable. See:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Accuracy/page/1323395/

After 9 weeks, there are many tests that have a 100% sensitivity. This means that if the test is negative, it is extremely unlikely that you have HIV.

0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 08:05 am
@Elliuqahs951120,
I understood that police and paramedics who might be exposed to a person infected with HIV have available a HIV test that can detect it between one or two weeks.

Also, in case they were infected, they have available an immediate treatment which works while the virus is active in the first phase.

This fast action against HIV in its early stage apparently helps to diminish -to zero levels- the future consequences caused by the infection.
0 Replies